Personal View site logo
Copyrats as danger to humanity
  • Image rights enforcement company Copytrack has released its new Global Infringement Report 2019 study detailing the current state of unauthorized image use around the world. According to the company, it performed a statistical analysis of more than 12,000 Copytrack user profiles as part of its new report, which details the number of 'potential copyright violations' the company dealt with from December 2017 to December 2018.

Based on its analysis, Copytrack estimates more than 2.5 billion images are stolen every day with potential daily damages estimated at up €532.5 billion / $598 billion. Due to the vast number of images used daily, the company found that most photographers and agencies were unaware of many instances of image infringement.

Photographers must be aware that it is shitty capitalism that make their life miserable and one of the lowest paid professions, and not some unlicensed images use. Idea to extend approach of private property into information and images is sick idea. Idea to constantly tighten regulations is even worse and each of rounds will make industry life more and more miserable. Instead society need to transform and photographers must be just providing service for society and live good full life, while all of their work will be free for use to everyone.

• 5 Replies sorted by
    1. Is there also a solution for us photographers inside the real existing capitalism?
    2. I have the sick wish to control who uses my work and who not. For example I don´t want Coca Cola or my stupid government to use my work for free.
  • @hini

In real existing capitalism we are in imperialism stage of it. Means that big monsters are constantly becoming bigger, they set the rules and small fish has almost zero value. So, question can be rephrased - can the fish live outside water happily. And answer is - it can, but not happily - just approaching happy, in the vicinity of happy, but not happy. And not for long :-)

Well, "I don´t want Coca Cola or my stupid government to use my work for free" for this you need to make it happen so you won't have Coca-Cola (In their present way, and advertisement as tool to sell in general) and stupid (in its current form) government also.

• Another sick reality linked to this is the "potential copyright violations" concept and its traduction in money compensations, digital canons/taxes, etc. Paying more for a HDD because one could be using it to keep hollywood movies is like paying a canon for having hands: you can use them to steal.

• @Knotbar

This sick reality also exist due to lot of parasites that such system creates and feeds. Lot of lawyers and similar useless things grow like fungus.

Germany is one good sample where official government made lot of fake-like law firms that send threats to citizens and firms, and if someone become serious to oppose them they just vanish like a fart.

Similar system exist in present software landscape where licensed software collects information about usage (Windows 10 has even features allowing giants like Adobe and such record your screen and all key presses) and send without being noticed to special firms who are responsible for dirty work. All possible methods are used, including criminal ones.

• Yes, I agree. And such people make the tiny fish believe that this laws were made for them when they were planned to milk the tiny fish like tiny cows.