Personal View site logo
Modula MKII
  • I would like to introduce our very new 2/3 inch global shutter cmos mini HD camera.

Technical details:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    - 2/3 inch global shutter CMOS sensor
    - HD SDI output
    - full HD and 2K resolution
    - 10bit 4:2:2
    - 12bit 4:4:4 or RAW
    - 23p 24p 25p 29p 30p 50p 60p
    - 50i 60i
    - synchronizable via second cam for stereo recording
    - C-mount
    - PL-mount & B4 mount via adapter
    - 29 x 29 x 50mm
    - weight 83g (without lens)

• 14 Replies sorted by
  • price?
    more impressive footage?
  • Price? Not shure, but I think that one system (camerabody + CCU box) 5900 € (without discount).

I´m a technician, for additional price questions contact our sale support:

http://www.easylooksystem.com
  • specs looks good.. 4/3 senzor and mft mount would be way better, almost everything i need is 2k raw with 50p & 25p... sorry but the video and price are ugly
  • Video looks GREAT! Not sure how thrilled I'd be with 2/3. Even RED dropped 21/3 as an option. Can you explain how you achieve a global shutter with a CMOS? RED doesn't have it yet on a camera 10x the cost. Do you use a mechanical shutter? Just curious. i know CCDs don't have the rolling shutter issues. Thanks and best off luck with your new camera!
  • Achieving global shutter at 2/3rds is easy, as they've made global shutter CMOS, but only in 2/3rds (so far). So these are the first ones, really. Plus making a global one runs the risk of losing things like dynamic range, which is the reason it isn't standard yet.
  • @disneytoy

2/3 is still a great format... not to mention it's very useful for VFX and slo-motion shots... which this camera looks like it's capable of.
  • I don't know about your camera, but the video sure made me hungry.

• First thing, best "guy heroically pushing stroller" music, evar!

Is it me, or does the motion artifact look a little dated? Something about it seems HDV-ish. Could it be vimeo codec. I wish you well on your endeavor, but like many stated, I'd need to see more...
  • Is there added sharpness to that footage? The outlines of objects look a bit wierd sometimes.. (downloaded the full resolution video)
  • @Angry_C
    What is Modula Camera doing the old model for now? I would be interested in getting a few if they are clearance!

:-D
  • @RRRR:

Yes, I added unsharp mask to the footage. Maybe too much:-)

@alcomposer:

Please contact our support at info@easylooksystem.de
    I think, it´s possible to get an old modula, because lots of customer will change their setup to the new one.
  • @angry_c a bit too much IMO.. :) I'd really like to see some footage straight out of the camera!
  • This is footage straight out of the camera, but with in-camera-sharpening:
    Recorded with Convergent Desing Nanoflash 280mbit/s MXF, compressed for Vimeo: