Personal View site logo
Z-CAM E2 camera is coming with 4K at 120fps
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • It's very hard to see anything filmed in lowlight or in highlight with Zcam-E2. Everything is rare today, even the pictures.

• @kurth

Their problems are numerous.

First - CEO who had been head of large smartphones manufacturers divisions.

Second - it is hardware guys whoa re in charge overall.

Hence -lack of any software guys who have any big influence, lack of attention to firmware or interface. Instead - attention to big sounding features.

Cameras now are around 80% software and only 20% hardware. And this changes each month towards software side.

Whole camera industry management fail to grasp this basic thing. Mostly because Japanese had been always bad in the software side of things and they understand that their advantages lie in the very complex hardware with lot of mechanical parts (hence attempt to return to retro designs constantly).

• @vitaliy....that's what I'm saying. Two cameras simultaneously released is a massive effort, and they want to release 3 or more, it's a recipe for disaster. I think their heads are flying off their facebook page. The e2c has the potential, at a little cheaper pricepoint, of claiming the market. First conquer where you're standing, then move to new ground....alexander the great.

• @kurth

too much ambition killed the goose that laid the golden egg

And we now see similar thing from Z-CAM.

More products from small team that can't cope even with one.

• too much ambition killed the goose that laid the golden egg

• @eatstoomuchjam

Only Z-way is to go either to m43 sensor for cheap camera, with all fancy stuff ala 6K and 4K and 60fps.

Or go to square(important!) FF sensor and orient to top cinema and photo guys, super resolution mode here is a must now.

• The sensor in the E2C doesn't support 4kp60, I don't think, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any sort of upgrade for that. I'm not sure about 1080p120, though.

I think that the FF camera isn't as likely to happen. Right now, it's looking like S35 with EF mount, though the Z-Cam folks are looking into S35 with M43 mount as well. It's not the craziest idea, though it is a little weird. :)

• HLG coming

• @kurth Sure - 1080/120 would also be nice to have. ^^
    I still hope for a future firmware update for 4K60 / 1080P120 (even if its a paid one, I would go for it).
    Personally need the 4K more though (as I would love to play around with the E2C in a 360 degree setup).

• Any idea on possible s35 sensor they might use . They also mentioned a full frame possible camera also

• too bad it's not coming with 1080/120....that's the flaw. At that price point lots of cams have it.

• The E2c is really interesteding.
    Too bad, its not coming with 4K60 ...

• @kurth

I think they did not. They just used Ambarella provided libraries and their limits.

• " We want to build a series of handheld powerful cameras." ...if that's true, why did they restrict the the e1's bitrate ?

• @VK, Kinson Loo

Is it possible to make a Metabone for S35 to have Fullframe ? I am not technician sorry if the question seem dumb ^^

1. It will be still E2 series as we mainly changed the sensor. If you put the cameras together you will finally found them almost the same. They will be of similar size. Small body is the key. We want to build a series of handheld powerful cameras.
    2. S35 version can do up to 6K60fps.
    3. S35 version can do 6K30/60fps sensor input and then down scaled to 4K30/60fps recording. Super sampling recording is amazing.
    4. Target mass production is October. We set 3 target mass production target in the past for different products and we delivered them.
    5. All E2 series cameras share the same codes if it's not feasible with that sensor so it has all features E2 has(resolution/framerates are not in this claim).
    6. Planning EF/PL mount with active lock for many reasons.: a. We planed short flange mount before and we found E mount isn't an option for 3rd party camera makers. The new mounts are lack of lenses(waiting to be proved) and also not open to welcome 3rd party to join. b. exchangeable lens mount needs more space which means the camera needs to be bigger. And also we don't think user can make short flange lense mount FLAT enough. If you make a test on E2 you will find E2's flange is the most accurate one in all M43 cameras that all the cameras have exactly the same flange. The shorter flange the edge blur issue will be more serious if we open it to user for exchange. c. If we make an own standard we need to make all the adapters by ourselves, and that's not possible to set up ecosystem. We are still open to suggestions.
    7. If an accessory works for E2 it should work with E2 S35.

sa7430.jpg
    773 x 689 - 44K
    sa7431.jpg
    690 x 727 - 43K
  • @kurth thanks, that's good news, hard to find info on the E2c!

• Highlights of Z CAM E2C:

• 4K 30fps / 1080p 60fps, 11.5 stops dynamic range
    • H.265 10 bit color, H.264 8 bit color
    • 4/3″ Sony CMOS sensor, MFT lens mount
    • PoE (Power over Ethernet) is supported
    • WiFi, Ethernet port, LANC remote, USB-C
    • 4K HDMI output
    • Recording: SD card or SSD (via USB-C)
    • Power: Canon LP-E6 & LEMO port
    • Button configuration (same as Z CAM E2)
    • Shoulder LCD (same as Z CAM E2)
    • Live streaming via Z CAM iOS app and PC software
    • ProRes recording on SSD via USB-C (pending on license approval)
    • RAW recording on SSD via USB-C (under development)
    • Z-Log2/FLAT/sRGB
    • Smaller form factor then Z CAM E2

MSRP: USD799.00

shipping fee will be added

Target ship date: March 2019.
    Early bird price is 699,-

This is more of the proper way.

• @flash

Who told you this?

Z-CAM raw that is really not raw? More new formats?

• Zcam told me that RAW come very very soon

• @theconformist Then you should probably try renting one and shooting for yourself. I'd say the same about "if you told me it was shot with an a7iii" about half of the movies in the cinema now, as well as about 98% of online videos.

• @jleo....I just navigated their labyrinthine ( and dysfunctional ) fb page and the e2c will have 24p. I can't wait for it to be $200 !