Personal View site logo
Yongnuo 4G Smart Camera Coming soon

• Android apps
    • 4G LTE
    • Canon EF mount
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • quoted from above video "I didn't even know the XT4 is like a video.... it's not really a video camera".... hmmm.

• New version coming

sa12489.jpg
    363 x 620 - 41K
    sa12490.jpg
    800 x 533 - 58K
  • The Z Cam E2C gives you 10bit 4K DCI video (on a good 'ol sd card), even ProRes and RAW (on a cheap ssd), for $799 (you do need to pimp it up a bit). And you can liveview with an Android or IOS app. And it is m43 with an MFT mount, which you can speedboost too for EF lenses.

So, maybe $499 for apefos' uses is the max this weird camera should be.

• This is great for live videos, streaming from diferent public places. Also great to share photos just after click.

sa9922.jpg
    687 x 430 - 65K
    sa9923.jpg
    690 x 431 - 54K
    sa9924.jpg
    687 x 427 - 47K
  • actually she says $500 in the cinema5d interview. And like everything else in the world, in a year, it'll be $300, just like the Yi m43.

• @eatstoomuchjam

Yes, they aim for smartphone shooters who want large lens and better sensor added to their existing experience, not pro guys.

• Cool - so you could get a Black Magic Pocket 4K (pseudo-raw, prores), used GH5 (excellent 10-bit h.264 with or without all-i option), or A7 Mark II (full frame with decent 4k video and you can use just about any vintage lens ever made) for about the same price (or just a little more) and have a generally excellent camera...

Or you could get this weird camera with a moderate codec, mismatched sensor size/lens mount, and weird Android operating system with a non-tilty screen.

Cool.

• I think they aim around $899-999.

• Sure - if they sell this one for $200, it's pretty neat. If it's $500 or more, it becomes somewhat incomprehensible. :)

• @eatstoomuchjam....well look what happened to the E1. It's certainly worth $200 now. And I would imagine it would depend on a good app running on the device.

• Or to the Z-Cam E1. Unless the camera is really cheap, I really can't figure out who their target market is with it...

• @kurth

It is not BMpocket, as it must use something like Ambarella as intermediate. Very similar to Yi 4K.

• She said the battery is interchangeable. Put the cheap canon 10-18mm and this might be interesting. If there's a competent android app, this could be interesting. A cheap(er) BMpocket perhaps.

• I don't think so. Last time I used one, Cinema 4k (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frozenvolcano.android.cinema4k&hl=en) was one of the best and it couldn't do a raw video stream.

• Are there android apps that allow for raw recording?

• Our team photos from CP++

sa7234.jpg
    800 x 449 - 41K
    sa7235.jpg
    800 x 447 - 51K
  • @IronFilm

Not madness, it is much much worse - capitalism. Private info, patents, lawsuits.

• MFT sensor but not MFT mount..... madness

• Little more info

• 16mp m43 CMOS sensor (4K 30 fps videos, I expect to see same crop as usual)
    • Qualcomm 8-core processor
    • Android 7.1
    • 3GB RAM
    • 32GB NAND + card
    • 8Mp rear camera
    • 5" 1080p multi-touch display.
    • Stereo mic
    • GPS
    • 3.5mm headphone jack
    • dual LED flash
    • 4000 mAh battery.
  • "Yo dawg, we heard you like cameras... so we put a camera in your camera so you can shoot selfies while you're shooting landscapes..."

sa5426.jpg
    800 x 549 - 53K
  • The YONGNUO camera, code name YN450, runs Android 7.1, features a 5inch 1080p touch-screen, however sensor details have not been shared. Camera records 4K 30fps video, has raw support, stereo microphones, a headphone socket, a MicroSD card slot, and 3GB/32GB built-in. There's support for 3G/4G, GPS and Wi-Fi, and there is a 4000mAh battery built-in. There's also an 8mp "selfie" camera built-in, which you can see next to the screen.