• 55 Replies sorted by
  • Advertisements in Paris

sa6442.jpg
    738 x 489 - 58K
    sa6443.jpg
    738 x 442 - 48K
    sa6444.jpg
    735 x 442 - 39K
  • Also rumors are that Samsung management consider abandoning Tizen in TVs towards standard Android TV. If this will happen whole OS will be abandoned in less than a year.

• Something idiotic is, you realise you can more cheaply kick start an cheap 16k rec2020 compliant projector for grading, with the right screen, rather than make your own 16k conventional panel. I located a source for 16k chips year ago, and was thinking of doing it. So, why are we spending this big money on so little LCD then?

It seems companies are even doing 720p and fullhd projectors with mobile phone sized panels, which reminds me of the old TV projector projects, where they eventually used normal lcd panel and a water cooled layer next to it. People are reporting their panels developing brown areas, probably from running them to long. You see the listings say only for home cinema and not for office etc use. They might he hoping you only use for movies. This might delay the problem till after the warranty.

• It would be sad to see Tizen go. It was a Linux supported standard. There are so many corpses of previous javaish projects (not including Android) going around, and Tizen is one of the only Ines with significant support under the Linux covering and manufacturer support. Google is developing an OS which drops Linux and previous open source code. I understand it is open source thankfully, but is a way to do a better os. But what dues that mean for so many other OS's which are based on the same Linux and driver base as Android. Immediately manufacturers can be moving away from doing drivers for them, to do drivers for a new os.

• Adopting Tv for people needs :-)

sa13323.jpg
    800 x 533 - 92K