Personal View site logo
Nikon Z6 - Smaller Brother and Sony A7III competitior with exact same sensor
  • 160 Replies sorted by
  • Tony Northrup hit job.

• Is this true that all new Z lenses has wired focus?? Wow How disappointed Im. Hope Im wrong

• ... count to 10... It all sounds great. I really hope it all comes true. However, for the uninitiated: releases such as this about promised future updates are a method, we have have all seen many times, and 'can' used to get people to buy now and wait... and sometimes those lenses, features, updates, never arrive, but, they got your money now, gained market share (or whatever), so mission (for now) accomplished. They'll deal with any fallout ...later.

• I'm looking to acquire smaller rig system with either the GH5, GH5s or Z6 as I have both a lot of Nikon and m43 glass. It's a very difficult decision, but I'm leaning toward the Z6 as I have a Pix-E5 I could use with it. My assumption is that the Nikon will produce better looking images out of camera and in lower-light situations, but the robust internal codecs of the GH line have me scratching my head. Anyone care to add their two cents?

• @eatstoomuchjam

Raw output exist for long time, as HDMI is just digital interface.

• Man, I hate that "ProRes RAW" actually capitalizes the "RAW" part. :-/

Also, I can't see any way that Nikon will actually "output video in raw format." I guess what they mean is some sort of less-processed HDMI... or they are just talking about a feature they already have (clean HDMI 4k at 4:2:2) and a feature that Atomos is adding soon... or am I just unaware of some sort of magically piping some sort of raw sensor output over HDMI?

• "Details, including the release date of new firmware updates, will be shared at a later date."

If that happend I may get one at a later date. if Eye AF works properly also with adapter. Prores raw also welcome.

Dear nikon Im waiting for you to catch up for nearly 10 years so dont rush now - do it wright! So I will not need to wait for Z 2s.

• Wow RAW Video support! Panasonic & Sony need to catch up !

• New firmware

The Nikon Z Series: Upcoming Firmware on Display

The Nikon Z series will continue to adapt to changing user needs through the development and roll-out of firmware updates to meet and exceed creative expectations. Taking into account feedback from photographers and creators, Nikon will display three feature updates under development that open creative opportunities for the Z 6 and Z 7. Displays will include:

• CFexpress - Coming soon to the Z 6 and Z 7 cameras is support for CFexpress, which is compatible with the XQD memory card form-factor.
    • Eye AF - Under development is an Eye AF function, which will automatically detect the subject's eyes to make attaining critical focus on the eyes easier. It will allow users to capture photos in which focus has been clearly acquired on the subject's eye, which is useful for portrait, event and street photography scenarios.
    • RAW Video Support- Nikon is currently developing a feature that works with the ATOMOS Ninja V to output video in RAW format, using the ProRes RAW codec.

Details, including the release date of new firmware updates, will be shared at a later date.

• Filmmaker kit announced

The New Nikon Z 6 Filmmaker’s Kit

For users who are looking to take full advantage of the Nikon Z 6’s industry-leading video capabilities, this powerfully cinematic camera is now available as part of a new Filmmaker’s Kit. The bundle includes a range of equipment that helps users unlock the Z 6’s advanced video features and powerful potential.

The kit includes: a Nikon Z 6 camera, NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S lens, Mount Adapter FTZ, Atomos Ninja V 4K HDR 5” Monitor Recorder3, Rode VideoMic Pro+, MOZA Air 2 3-Axis Hand-Held Gimbal Stabilizer, an additional EN-EL15b battery, a coiled HDMI cable, 12-month Vimeo Pro membership, and The Art of Making Music Videos Nikon School online course featuring Nikon Ambassador Chris Hershman.

The Z 6 ushers in a new era in high-quality video capture for Nikon shooters. The camera’s fast and accurate autofocus, full-frame 4K/30p recording with full-pixel readout, zebra stripes, timecode and focus peaking offer users a professional-grade shooting experience. With the Z 6 Filmmaker’s Kit, users can access the advanced video features, like 10-bit HDMI output and N-Log video recording, while capturing gimbal-smooth video and crystal-clear audio. The kit provides filmmakers, vloggers and YouTubers with all the equipment they need to begin capturing high-quality 4K footage right away.

Price and Availability

The Nikon Z 6 Filmmaker’s Kit will available in late January for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $3,999.954.

sa6385.jpg
    800 x 562 - 52K
  • Nikon Z6 Mirrorless Digital Camera for $1746

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323576192497

• Teardown

sa5943.jpg
    719 x 572 - 81K
    sa5944.jpg
    719 x 578 - 77K
    sa5945.jpg
    711 x 459 - 67K
    sa5946.jpg