Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • Is there any bigger SD card (64 - 128 GB) that is combatible with GH@ and those settings ?
  • @Driftwood ... is it possible to make a patch with lower bitrate for 24p but keep GOP1 (all others the same) ?
    I don't have a big card, and would like to save some space.
  • @Jspatz
    Thanks mate! :-)

@HillTop1
    Welcome! ;-)
    "What's the bitrate at 24H and 720p60 then?"
    I think that it will be about 60-70M usually as a matter of fact although 24H is set as 176M.
    In 720p, I have adopted the arrangement of Chris as it is, and since I am not using 720p at all, I do not know.
  • I have a big question about these patches.
    Remember, few month ago, some of us have encountered an issue with their 66mbps hack : Camera crashed when the .mts hit 4GB. At this time, we thought that the card speed limits was the problem.
    I have tested 2 rates at 166mbps and 50mbps, with the AQuarius 2 patch. (Other Values remain the same). Camera Crash after 4GB, both in 50mbps and 166mbps (even if the bitrate was under 50mbps in the second case). I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 45MBps, so, write speed should not be a problem.
    So, do you think this problem is due to the video buffer or something else ?
  • @HillTop1 Still editing the project. Looking good :-) SeAQuake is kinda cool :-)
  • @bkmcwd great thanks, will check it as soon as I get home. What's the bitrate at 24H and 720p60 then?

@driftwood looking forward to test out SeAQuake as soon as I get home. I think I will start bringing my GH2 to work lol. I love your nomenclature of your patches lol. What's the bitrate at 720p60? On a separate note, how's your collaboration project coming? Dying to see the finished product.
  • @bkmcwd
    This is my favorite patch so far. Best IQ. Spans in most cases and seems to play on everything.
  • @FGCU 166M for H. Its primed to the buffer fullness, dont need 176M, you can raise the bitrate higher if you like to no advantage - the i frames won't get any bigger.
  • @FGCU INTRA GOP1 - only 720p60 is GOP3
  • The economy patch of Q18 was renewed.
    Although the bit rate exceeds 100M under high stress, I think that this becomes the about an average of 60M bit rate usually.
    With this patch, since frame size is not compressed even if moving a camera up and down in woods, I think that I will give the name in connection with woods or forest.
    It is the same as usual the arrangement of Chris except 24p.

@HillTop1
    I am sorry that I did not reply to you sooner.
    Since 88M patch is not so good, try this instead!
    I stick my done patches on "GH2 Patch Vault, most popular patches in one place" thread. :-)
    bkmcwd New_176M3GOP Q18 ECO Patch.zip
    619B
    q18_iso3200.JPG
    1298 x 632 - 182K
    q18_trees_wide.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 193K
  • @driftwood you really made changes to the your new SeAQuake! Can't wait!
  • How we make 50i PSF material to show in NLE (i use FCPX) like 25p ?
    I want to make a video with footage from my nex 5n (25p) and GH2 (50i psf).
    when i put my gh2 footage in the same timeline with original 25p , it show me that it needs render....
  • @driftwood
    It looks great!
    I can study many things again. :-)
  • @Driftwood
    Looking closer at your chart, I see it quickly drop from the h rate to the l rate, which is where I want it to be. Why should I care about those early frames when they do not appear to cause any practical interference? What should I be worried about? Thanks
  • @driftwood, @Jspatz darn! I left my GH2 home and am out now! Got to get it to try this out! :(
  • @driftwood
    Every test has been rock solid. How should I expect the buffer under run to manifest. VK mentioned that 3.63 allows very low 24l bitrates. Could that be why this is working for me?
  • @TrackZillas I recorded in 720p 50 (as 60 is not intra). Not that happy with 1080i -> slowmo- (kind of dislike all the work to get 540lines!)
  • @Driftwood
    Thank you very much for your new patch release. For me, the great news is the ability to get 25 P via PsF. My doubt is about the workflow to get this. Any idea?
  • @alcomposer Great looking snapshot here how is the new 720p 60 working? is it glitchy at time?
  • @driftwood Your the man Driftwood you never stop with the improvements. So that means the new patch is upgraded for the new Ptools than..
  • @driftwood filmed a video installation with the last intra, super image! Even at 720. Would have loved to send it into the collaborative project.... Will post a few scenes...

PS: Lens 35mm Samyang 1.4
    PSS: Image not original 720p - sorry- will repost when I have file at hand :-(
    300319_10150443134294400_683329399_10106927_389246575_n.jpg
    960 x 540 - 38K
  • Thanks Drift!
  • @alcomposer fuckin' right man!
    @Oedipax Never lend a camera, youre asking for trouble!
  • @driftwood, thanks again for all your hard work! Now if I only had my GH2 back (a friend is borrowing it)!
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions