Personal View site logo
Cinegy Daniel2 codec
  • Cinegy presented an 8K demo using its new Cinegy Daniel2 powered Cinegy D2Player decoding one or even multiple 8K streams while performing real time compositing, color correction, scaling and titling. The hardware platform used for the demo is a sub-$1000 standard PC – in this particular case an Intel quad Core i7-4700K processor, and an NVIDIA Quadro M6000 graphics card. The same demo also works using NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 card for around $250.

The Cinegy Daniel2 codec is an acquisition and production codec meant to be used for recording from camera sources, editing and post-production as well as playout. Cinegy Daniel2 is aiming for the same space as AVID’s DNxHR, Apple’s ProRes or Sony’s XAVC.

NAB 2017:

Cinegy’s Daniel2 GPU-based codec, claimed to be the world’s fastest GPU-based codec, can decode up to 1,100 frames per second at 8K, which translates to more than 4,300 fps in 4K, or 17,000 frames of full HD per second using NVIDIA Quadro M6000 professional graphics cards.

Lot of talks about it, but I do not see anything since 2015 it first started.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I suppose this is where the triangle comes in, I don't think this codec would be cheap...

goodfastcheap1-1.png
    621 x 597 - 44K
  • @alcomposer

Can be very cheap, as they aim at the Prores like niche and it is very simple.

Just company seems to be either bluffing or just wanting to keep it in small niche.