Personal View site logo
Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K UHD WiFi FPV Quadcopter for $459
  • 13 Replies sorted by
  • Sorry for offtopic but what's up with gearbest product reviews? Like all products has >4.5 rating. Even my clock had almost 5 and it loses 2 minutes a month.

• @tonalt

Well, I have no idea. I hope you do not use shop reviews to decide. In ANY shop filter only negative reviews to get useful things.

• That does not work on these Chinese web shops. Like that my clock has rating 4.9 out of 5. 642 reviews, two are one star. That's the reason I wrote my previous message. You cannot trust the reviews.

EDIT: Quick googling and seems that all Chinese web shops doctors/deletes reviews. So yeah, you cannot trust them.

• I'd just get a refurbed Phantom 4 for $699 or a Yuneec Typhoon Q for $499-599 instead. It's worth spending the little bit extra to get a drone that you're pretty sure won't be awful.

• @tonalt

Believe me - around 50% (and sometimes all 100%) of all Amazon reviews are doctored for not very popular items.

• I recall when I was checking out drones that this one had pretty good footage & reviews on YouTube. I don't recall if it could shoot in 24p. I wound up buying a $100 F100 Ghost (Bugs 3) t learn how to fly in full manual mode before getting a true camera drone.

@eatstoomuchjam thanks for the recommendations of other options.

• @eatstoomuchjam

Also note - it is not bad drone, far from it.

And prices you mention are actually US best deals. Here it is more oriented to international buyers.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Not if the seller is Amazon itself.

• @tonalt

I have no idea that you mean.

For international buyer it'll be additional shipping on Amazon order.

• Was pointing to our conversation and your comment "Believe me - around 50% (and sometimes all 100%) of all Amazon reviews are doctored for not very popular items.".

• @tonalt

Even if seller is Amazon itself, as manufacturer can form special team who makes legit looking purchases. :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev It is possible. But at least Amazon itself is honest and publishes also negative reviews. Unlike these Chinese web shops (ok, they carefully select also couple negative ones, to make it look "legit").

Some of these Chinese web shops gives you points if you make reviews. And the review better to be good one.

• @tonalt

Unlike these Chinese web shops (ok, they carefully select also couple negative ones, to make it look "legit").

They also publish negative reviews, just different approach works - as soon as such review is published they try to contact writer and offer incentive :-)

Another approach to get rid of bad reviews is SKU jumping, making new page for same item.

But at least Amazon itself is honest and publishes also negative reviews.

Well, yes. Yet lot of them are useless rants of people with DOA items. And as I said, manufacturers work hard to push their view into reviews.