Personal View site logo
Capitalism: Gail reached new heights
  • The issue that tends to arise as humans reach carrying capacity is increasing wage disparity. This issue arose in the 1930s, and it seems to be rising again now. Increasing wage disparity is a way, within our economy, of squeezing out some members, if there are not enough energy supplies to go around.

This is conclusions that you can reach if you are just servant of capitalists. Actually it is nothing new. Centuries before it was not local exploiter who was to blame, but your sins and gods mood. And such speeches had been always rewarded and loved by local authorities.

Thing that amazes me is how capitalist servants tend to bend reality around, cheat the facts to make picture their top bosses will love.

• 19 Replies sorted by
  • Aww don't be so harsh, I like her blog a lot, more than peakoilbarrel and their few, resident techno-optimists.

• @robertGL

Well, I am actually not direct enough here. As all her blog while being energy focused is made to wash out capitalists and she will never write something they won't really like.

Whole her posts are like sex in a hammock, attempt to somehow attach extremely outdated Austrian approach to non scientific and even more outdated god worshipping (with human sins and all!) with energy collapse doom on top of it all.

• Gail now openly publish truly fascist proclamations

Even if we could somehow work around COVID-19’s problems, we can still expect to have other pandemic problems. The problem with epidemics has existed as long as humans have inhabited the earth. Antibiotics and other products of the fossil fuel age have allowed a temporary reprieve from some types of epidemics, but the overall problem has not disappeared. Our attention is toward COVID-19, but there are many other kinds of plant and animal epidemics we are facing.

Idea to view epidemic of most probably lab greated virus as some king of inevitable and uncurable natural thing is truly fascist statement. And fully ignoring lack of protective equiopment, factories and measures, proper health system and proper science.

And it is bright future ahead

If a world economy is organized as a group of individual economies, with loose links to other economies, there are several advantages:

Epidemics become less of a problem.

How so?

Each economy has more control over its own future. It can create its own financial system if it desires. It can decide who owns what. It can decree that wages will be very equal, or not so equal.

Wow, just need to make proper decree to kill inequality.

If population rises relative to resources in one economy, or if weather/climate takes a turn for the worse, that particular economy can collapse without the rest of the world’s economy collapsing. After a rest period, forests can regrow and soil fertility can improve, allowing a new start later.

Nice fascist idea. Just kill the fucking bastards, they have wrong nation.

The economy is a self-organizing system. If there really is the potential for some parts of the world economic system to be saved, while others are lost, I expect that the self-organizing nature of the system will work in this direction.

We just need to rely to invisible market hand. Yes, it is from same folk stories as invisible man on the clouds.

There are clearly parts of the world economy that are not working:

• World population is way too high, relative to resources.
    • Wage and wealth disparity is too great.
    • Too much of income is going to the financial system, healthcare, education, entertainment, and travel.

Again maltusian approach. And note - you no longer need any healthcare and education (travel and entertainment go as company - you do not need them anyway in worker camp) as Gail owners do not like to have them for their slaves.

Most intergovernmental organizations, such as the United Nations and European Union, will disappear. Many governments of countries may disappear, as well. Some may be overthrown.

So, we need bunch of fascist states around.

Big cities will likely become problematic in each of these locations, and populations will fall. Alaska and other very cold places may not be able to continue as part of the core, either.

Invinsible hand always brings nice life, remember it!

The making of physical goods will experience a major setback, starting immediately. Many supply chains are already broken. Medicines made in India and China are likely to start disappearing. Automobile manufacturing will depend on individual countries setting up their own manufacturing supply chains if the making of automobiles is to continue.

Finally, good life under capitalism. Or not?

The medical system will suffer a major setback from COVID-19 because no one will want to come to see their regular physician any more, for fear of catching the disease. Education will likely become primarily the responsibility of families, with television or the internet perhaps providing some support. Universities will wither away.

And this soundly like direct citation from Hitler position on organizing colonies.

We seem to be reaching the limit of making our current global economic system work any longer. The only hope of partial salvation would seem to be if core parts of the world economy can be made to work in a more separate fashion for at least a few more years. In fact, oil and other fossil fuel production may continue, but for each country’s own use, with very limited trade.

So, good life ahead!

Of course, everyone need to note that Gail is doom and gloom author for years. But she is also extreme right author that had her posts transformed last pair of years into almost direct fascist state declarations written mostly for petty bourgeoisie.

• She's an insurance actuary . Their job is to always model the worst case scenarios. Also note her last post with any relevancy was march 31, and she makes some incredibly big assumptions. For example, that social distancing and other forms of prevention are more detrimental to today's economy than in 1918...which is obviously wrong. The internet is the obvious factor that makes her statement incorrect, but also the level of education and how people employ prevention strategies such as wearing masks , that didn't hardly exist 100 years ago. Obviously the economy will take a serious hit, but assuming it'll be a fatal wound is almost nihlistic in it's denial of the human spirits capacity to overcome. And the death of the oil industry shouldn't be mourned , but used as a fundamental pivot to renewable energy sources. This is our chance to regain control of our destiny from the criminals who controlled it for the last century by controlling oil. All of them...the rockefeller's , the duponts, the banksters who profit off of usury, war and illness. The super rich....yeah, we can spread those accounts out like butter. Take all the billionaires money and feed the poor until the crisis is overcome. Crisis is always the greatest opportunity. Once the soldiers suffer enough and side with the people....

• I cut my participation on that site to almost nothing. Now I read commenters over there advocating full reopening of the economy and digging mass graves also, I would assume. That seems to be the mainstream Republican line now - just open back up and step over the dead on our return to wage-prosperity. BTW, I wonder how much money the 'reopen' pundits, who incidentally, hardly ever need to leave filtered, hermetically sealed studios, have in comparison to the average American worker.

• Take all the billionaires money and feed the poor until the crisis is overcome.

Com one man, that is a fantasy. A global action “rebelión” by the people would be something even bigger. And heavier than covid-43 xxx

The truth is, more will die, less rights for survivors, new game rule book for beginners, increased level hardness, more money taken away. They win this covid round ok accept it.

We all can wish or comment for the best but the ilusión of that idealism...hmm... whatever fuck it.

Historically revolutions and big changes have been manipulated or created...so what makes me think.

Is there any real possibility to make a real revolution to make this idealistic thing you have @kurth

I mean it seems to be a taboo subject. Nobody talks real responsibility about making real choices about a revolution, here on in any fucking deep web forum. All is keyboard warriors and real gangsters shit chatting.

Where can this start I meant I am willing to do things and put my life in dange... but there seems to be no real plan, nor real leadership about it....maybe cos they kill you before you make it?

I don’t know.

But if you want to take their money away... I s not jut an idealistic thinking the approach, I think now apreaches have to be also bucked up with solutions.

Grate silent minds are in this forum, hidden reading and commenting here and there. Grate expertise and knowledge here also. It’s frustrating to see Personal-view channel in prostitution galore being the new alternative in the hood while vitally talking grate info about communism and cashing paycheck from democracy’s good tits.

Fuck it, it’s ridiculously funny we all here have double blades.

Why not combine forums and make new choices and take the responsibility for those inputs and make real change to get to the point you want.

Give me the forums bro, teach me the sources I’ll go and chat and make a change. I’m willing to take responsibility and willing for you and vitally to be my advisors but come on give me something let’s do something for real change.

• This is the time take it courageously @kurt @vitaliy_kiselev

Wanna keep the shit chatting or make something? It’s grate time for a change isn it?

I feel it can come from Latin America this time. We have people, crashed hopes, bad decisions and real hungry humans for knowledge and food. Asia is to crowded and organized for controling it. Africa is killing them self and resolving chinas inversion.

Peru has second biggest gold mine in world.

Crash that shit, buy guns get attention, educate, wait to ideological virus to spread, simple ideas are smaller than virus RNA, and you know it can cause bigger damage, or benefit depend where are you at.

• @RobertGL

Now I read commenters over there advocating full reopening of the economy and digging mass graves also, I would assume.

I did not see here any posts about this.

But contrary to mass media you can see posts that also touch other aspects of lockdowns. As well as expirience of countries that decided not to lock so much.

That seems to be the mainstream Republican line now - just open back up and step over the dead on our return to wage-prosperity. BTW, I wonder how much money the 'reopen' pundits, who incidentally, hardly ever need to leave filtered, hermetically sealed studios, have in comparison to the average American worker.

Calm down, it is not such. Voters of republicans are much more affected by lockdowns and many lost their businesses and income. Hence they try to at least bring them some optimism, but actual opening is not happening anyway.

It also wrong topic for this complains.

You can make separate topic discussing lockdown strategies.

• @endotoxic....lol...been taking a few recreational substances while locked up ?

• You see no one dares to make nothing.

At the end you are all afraid to make move. To risky.

Ideologically theoretically, whateverethically,

• ....ja ja ja.... Military's of the world are divided into factions. Some factions might be portrayed as good, and others as evil mfk'ers. But the good guys exist. In every country. The elites aren't one big monolithic force. They're divided and vulnerable. Income disparity is one of the biggest issues affecting the survival of our planet. The tipping force in all revolutions is when the military sides with the people.

• @endotoxic....actually if you're thinking people will conspire to overthrow governments online, then you could easily do harm to yourself and those near you. You have no point, other than your naivete. Bonnie and Clyde died because someone invented the radio, and it's been downhill for outlaws ever since. This is way way above your paygrade.

• @endotoxic

You really need to calm down and start to think using grey cells.

If you aren't afraid to do something - go and do it, just never complain after this.

• The world’s number one problem today is that the world’s population is too large for its resource base. Some people have called this situation overshoot. The world economy is ripe for a major change, such as the current pandemic, to bring the situation into balance.

You asked for fascist advisers? Here you have one.

Who also like to write about people like they are some kind of tapeworms.

Geil is is doing everything to make her new and old masters happy.

They'll bring balance to the force (c)

• For example, if people in rich countries rarely dress up to attend meetings of various kinds, there is much less of a market for dressy clothing. Many people in poor countries make their living manufacturing this type of clothing. With the loss of these sales, workers suddenly found themselves with much reduced income. Poor countries generally do not have good safety nets to provide food for those who are out of work. As a result, the diets of people subject to loss of income became inadequate, leading to greater vulnerability to disease. If the situation continues, some may even die of starvation.

So, people in rich country who bough clothing using freshly printed money are godsent to poor people who provided them real goods, and another poor people who produced food and exchanged food to another clothing. And what will happen if parasite exploiters will vanish? Of course everyone will die in pain, how fascist prostitute Geil can think otherwise? Because she is part of this rotten system and she is afraid.

• Teaching everyone to read and write has significant benefits because it allows the use of books and other written materials to disseminate information and knowledge. Teaching a few people advanced subjects has significant benefits as well. But after a certain point, the need for additional people to study a subject such as art history is low. A few people can teach the subject but doing more research on the subject probably won’t increase world GDP very much.

When we look at data from about 1970, we find that people with advanced education earned much higher incomes than those without advanced degrees. But as we add an increasing large share of people with these advanced degrees, jobs that really need these degrees are not as plentiful as the new graduates. Quite a few people with advanced degrees end up with low-paying jobs. The “return on investment” for higher education drops increasingly lower. Some students are not able to repay the debt that they took out in order to pay for their education.

As fascist witch can't think about anything but decaying capitalism it seems logical for her to kill education.

Over the years, medicines and vaccines have been developed to treat many common illnesses and diseases. After a while, the easy-to-find medicines for the common unwanted conditions (such as diabetes, high blood pressure and inflammation) have already been found. There are medicines for rare diseases that haven’t been found, but these will never have very large total sales, discouraging investment. There are also conditions that are common in very poor countries. While expensive drugs could be developed for these conditions, it is likely that few people could afford these drugs, so this, too, becomes less attractive.

If research is to continue, it is important to keep expanding work on expensive new drugs, even if it means completely ignoring old inexpensive drugs that might work equally well. Without an expanding group of high-priced new drugs, it is hard to attract capital and young workers to the field.

Hence capitalism must die as its protector and servants like Gail should be brought to justice and spend their life in prison thinking about shit they did

Forest fires are part of nature. Many trees require fire for their seeds to germinate. Human neighbors of forests don’t like forest fires; they often encourage local authorities to put out any forest fire that starts. Such suppression allows an increasing amount of dry bush to build up..

It is ultra reactionary fascist who want to return to "mother nature", instead of building proper common forest watch and using scientists to grow it.

Issue with rise of forest fires is because capitalism can't deal with problem that concerns all society, as people in it constantly want to do things for their own gain and cheat on all others.

• New round of Malthusian and openly pro death fascist diatribes

Because of limited resources, we may encounter something similar to the “empty shelf” problem in the grocery stores. We may find that only limited doses of vaccine are available because too many doses were accidentally ruined in production. Or, not enough of the right reagents were available. Or, more doses are needed in the country where the vaccine is manufactured, leaving less for use elsewhere. Or, there is a war in a country integral to vaccine supply lines, interfering with production.

Ultra libertarian fascist here describe to you her dream and you should be very afraid of it.

Getting adequate vitamin D through sun exposure, eating of foods that are high in vitamin D and/or supplementation. Dark skinned people living away from the equator are especially at risk for inadequate vitamin D.

Concentrated Vitamin D with oil capsules is around 100x cheaper than any foods. And btw it is almost impossible to restore Vitamine D with foods (and it will take months at best!), and equally impossible to do so with sun exposure in most real places.

Because of energy constraints, we likely cannot expect to keep heating and cooling our buildings as much in the future. We will need to dress more for outdoor temperatures, indoors.

See? This guys do not want feudalism, they want barbarian times.

sa16945.jpg
    631 x 767 - 57K
  • Everything that I can see indicates that we are now reaching a time that is parallel to the period between 1914 and 1945. Conflict is one of the major things that a person would expect because each country wants to protect its jobs. Each country also wants to add new jobs that pay well.

It is such major bullshit. But it is true fascist words.