Personal View site logo
Arri Alexa Mini topic - Small, Lightweight, Raw Recording Camera
  • 56 Replies sorted by
  • ARRI LogC Vs Graded Footage Samples

• IBC Showreel

• Look at Alexa Mini

• Has the alexa mini prices dropped at all since they came out a year and half ago ? What's the going price now for basic entry package

• ARRI Alexa Mini, Cooke X2 Anamorphic

• Does original alexa classic ev have built in nd filter ?

• The Alexa Classic EV does not have internal ND. The Amira was the first ARRI that has it, followed by the Mini

• Oh k ,I asked a seller on eBay and he said it has it ,hmmm .. by chance the alexa mini prices has gone down at all ? And if I'm looking to buy one ,what does the entry 36000$ one buys me .

• Is that yours?

• Yep, this camera has pretty much taken over most med-high end shoots that I have produced over the last year. It yields great results and it's much easier to use than the early model Alexas.

• No @Ironfilm not mine, just thought it was a cool funny video , We ended up buying a second hand alexa mini package toward the end of last year.

• It amazing that 10 years after Alexa sensor came out, the competition is still trying to catch up.

• Guys the stupid evf cable always has issues..we changed 3 of them already in a year . Seen some as cheap as 115$ on ebay . Anyone has a cheaper solution? its 16pin male to mini hdmi .. seems the way the input of 16 pin is designed on mini you can easily put in the cable in wrong that causes the pins to get bent

• @MikeLinn great video but I think one very big function of gear like Alexa is not to be a so superb irreplaceable tool but to be an accounting asset.

So when Roger Dinkins put an Alexa plus Trinity in 1917 thing dont perform just as tool, it performs as an line readily recognizeable by some guy who deals with money and this says we going to invest a factor of X% of budget into geting thing done with the risk being mitigated by that brand awareness, standard into industry, workflow, support, xyz factors.

In that sense, and Hollywood being a big money sink and laundry, they don't give a shit some inexpensive tool perform 90% or evento better, as an big actor hours cost much more and it is pure capital speculation thing they are doing.

For people not into this universe, there's loads of gear raw or not raw or external raw that perform as good or event better to an given situation than an Arri Mini.

For instance, S1h is netflix approved and very capable gear, much more sensible investment and BMPCC can be used to make a live HDMI studio for cheap. Even $500 gear can give great image and practical to use if you dont need to brag gear.

• Arri and it’s gear is for exclusive use for money spending. Any camera since 2017 1080p 60p ready is more than enough for ANYONE ANYUSE ANYWHERE

Use your resources on proper editor and sound and post production. Those are now more important than camera gear since sensor stabilization and 13 stops DR is available any one can make any invention on location and GET THE SHOT DONE.

• Great comparison video between the Alexia Mini and Pocket 6k. I would take the Alexia in day light, but in ultra low light the Pocket 6k holds its own is color rendition, low noise and dynamic range.

Seems to me the real comparison would be if you had an equipment budget of $100k, what could put together in lenses and lights for $98k vs $40k and if you purchased a bunch of lenses, why not add a few more Pocket 6ks and make it a 3 camera shoot vs and Alexa 1 camera shoot.

Now if Blackmagic would just release a Pocket 6k m4/3 mount I would be ready to purchase... I wonder why they don't make this obvious move?

• Blackmagic is closest thing to Alexa sensor. It's amazing to me that even after 10 or more years since the Alexa sensor release we still have not found a better sensor , with all due respect to blackmagic , for the money its great, something is still missing , even Red, or other guys on market can not catch or beat that 10 year old sensor for some reason or another. If anyone will I think it will be Blackmagic, they are knocking on the doors. I for one bought the Alexa mini 2 years ago with another partner, and it was a great decision 2 years later, it brought a lot of things on the table for us and having access to it that other brands would have not because all the "pro's" use an Alexa (not to mention it looks the best)

• Yes to the low light situation with Alexa sensor, you will see noise, but its noise that can easily be removed , and its film grain type that most people tend to like