Personal View site logo
Syba 2.5" SSD/HDD USB 3.0 Metal Case for $0.99
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Excuse me partial off topic, but does majority of people use the rebates? I do not know how it works in practice, but when I hinted my U.S. friend about some deal, he just said "Rebate? Nooooooo..". It gave me impression that it's something very unpractical.

Also wondering that why you @Vitaliy_Kiselev always list U.S. deals. Is there something that makes the deals appealing to Russian readers? I'm not from U.S. or Russia, and only one U.S. deal so far was worth it to me. Otherwise shipping costs and taxes make the deal too expensive.

• @tonalt

Excuse me partial off topic, but does majority of people use the rebates? I do not know how it works in practice, but when I hinted my U.S. friend about some deal, he just said "Rebate? Nooooooo..". It gave me impression that it's something very unpractical.

Rebates are wonderful thing, as they are using people laziness. Only around 30-35% buyers use rebates contrary to almost 100% who will use discount. This is whole idea. Otherwise it is easy.

Also wondering that why you @Vitaliy_Kiselev always list U.S. deals. Is there something that makes the deals appealing to Russian readers? I'm not from U.S. or Russia, and only one U.S. deal so far was worth it to me. Otherwise shipping costs and taxes make the deal too expensive.

Extremely strange question, as most of PV readers are US, some are UK, other EU and Australia.

And all countries actually use US deals for computers/parts/cameras/lenses are it is usually best price so even with shipping it is good.

• The question could be strange if there would be statistics available for everyone to see that most readers are from U.S.. But because this information is not available, the question cannot be strange, because most of the world's people are not from U.S..

Actually most of time I find much better computers/parts/cameras/lenses deals from Finland and Germany.

• Actually most of time I find much better computers/parts/cameras/lenses deals from Finland and Germany.

Usually it can be case if they ship outside EU, so it is ex VAT.