Personal View site logo
Z-CAM E2 camera is coming with 4K at 120fps
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • VK , I knew it did 120fps , I just didn't think it was the same sensor as the GH5S,pocket 2 or Terra , as they didn't offer the 120fps at 4k.

• @sammy

Check topic title even :-)

• oh nice, didnt know that sensor was capable of 120fps @4k

• Yes. Probably same as in the Terra 4K too

• Is it the same sensor that is in the GH5s and pocket 2?

• One of our NAB best Product Awards go to E2

Want to say big thanks to Andy Harris, our UK team member, who supported this.

sa2672.jpg
    800 x 692 - 84K
  • I would love to be proven wrong, but almost nobody ships their cameras on time these days (or when they do ship, it's in very limited quantities).

• Which year? You seem pretty skeptical.

• For a company the size of Z-Cam to ship on time would be an enormous surprise. I'd expect the camera to ship between August and November.

• He said June they were aiming for I believe, and BM September. I'm June that's a lot better than September. But HDMI recording and internal raw, and 12-14 bit modes important.

• The firmware updates improved the image quite a bit. I really hated the camera when I first received it. Now I'd consider using it for something or other. Even with a fairly mediocre image, the form factor is compelling.

• I admit i saw the footage before any firmware update. Firmware was untouched. I remember the picture was somewhat muddy and dull. I did not follow any improvements. Maybe i am wrong and they fixed it. Nevertheless i am sceptical.

• Nice job on the interview!

• I purchased (3) E1's when their price dropped at the end of 2017. Once I updated the firmware, I was able to dial in the image quality to match that of my other cameras with the same sensor. Being able to use them with my m4/3 lenses is a pretty big deal and being able to use/place them in various production situations has been great. I would expect the same, at a much higher level, from their latest offering.

• So many arguments online about which of two unreleased cameras is better. It's unlikely anybody will have their hands on either of these cameras for about the next 6 months... and if the past for either company holds true, each will ship with cruddy bug-filled firmware initially. I look forward to seeing where both are in 9-12 months, though!

• @IronFilm Yeah, pretty cool it has 120fps but I personally would hardly use that feature. I never touch 120 on the GH5. 60p is plenty, 120fps on the pocket in 2K is enough me if I need it :)

• @utezet did you even see the thread here in this forum?

• Incorrect. I saw footage direct out of the camera. Unusable.

• @utezet

Wow. We have quite a lot of E1 owners. And all real life usage footage I saw was fine.
    And this is with $199 camera.

• All Cameras made by BM produced a nice Image All z-Cams so gar Not so much. We will see. I do Not Trust them at all. The Last one was a rip off. But if they managed to produce a product that is finally good, i will change my mind. I am pretty shure, that companies have organic structures and a Special character. It ist pretty unlikely they changed their philosophy, if the Image coming out of this Thing is anything but horrible, it will be a big surprise. Lets see.

• Blackmagic pocket cam 4K has smoked this.

BMPCC4K doesn't have 4K 120fps!

• Our interview - Z Cam E2 4K m43 camera with 4K 10bit 120fps

• Will publish our interview soon

sa2649.jpg
    800 x 450 - 65K
  • Yes, finally a MFT camera that uses NP-F batteries natively!