Personal View site logo
Panasonic GH5S GH5 S, 4K Video Edition
  • 533 Replies sorted by
  • That sensor can do HDR in 4k. Each pixel can be divided into four subpixels, so there will be two different 4k exposures that can be merged into a more dynamic range image.

• A game of specs: Assuming that they use the same sensor as the rumor site tells, Sony imx294cjk. Chances are that 10bit flavor is all over.

H264 16:9 4k 120 10bit 400/150mbps all I/ipb 16:9 4k 60 12bit 400/150mbps " " 16:9 4k 30 12bit 400/150mbps " " 17:9 4k 24 10bit 400/150mbps " " HDR 17:9 2k 60 10bit " " HDR 16:9 2k 24 12bit " " HDR

Anamorphic H265 10. 7mpx 4:3 24p 10bit 400mbps/150 all I/ipb

• It was mentioned several times on this site since gh2 hack that an alternate version of gh line was a good move.

If gh5 LSI is paired with a lower resolution sensor, high frame rate, and while others will struggle on possesing power, gh series will shine with noise reduction, and other aliasing problems that come with resolution and speed.

I expected good delivery of products before, but if this Gh5s is true, it will be like another dslr '' revolution'', since the format never leave the media, just adopted new formd like C300 line of cameras. So this gh5s version will be perfect too pick up, and strengthen the series.

As a long time member of this community PV site and earlier on DVX user, gh series has long time fan base, hardcore fanbase. M4/3 its a really good format, very multi purpose cameras. on times where fullframe is the show, having this format with optimised features, will blow competition away if a good low light is achieved, since very much is done on apsc and full frame only for low noise and better iso. Put a speed booster, DOF done, equalised t's no problem anymore. Youl have same look.

I am exited to see this camera make a move. As a DP I'm wishing this little beast to make grate image if v-log and VaricamLt settings are added, doesn't matter if 10bit, it will pull grate image. It's funny how on the beginning gh series Was managed from photo only Panasonic group, those engeniers where so well thought, now look, Varicam team is maybe now working hand to hand and maybe asking for some advices from that small photo team in Panasonic.

• This is just too good to be true...

4k Multiaspect, HDR with time sync, low light monster, the sensor is real, it exists, but to put it in a GH camera is against capitalist marketing behavior...

This is what I was thinking about the GH6 in the "Wishes for GH6 topic". Will they do it now??? If yes, the GH6 will need to be 8k to make sense. Maybe they will castrate the HDR function? Or castrate something?

Let's wait and see... and sing...

You're just too good to be true
    I can't take my eyes off you
    You'd be like heaven to touch
    I wanna hold you so much

• When Sony launched that 4/3 Starvis sensor some time ago (for "industrial purposes"), I thought that it would be perfect for a low light GH... http://www.sony-semicon.co.jp/products_en/IS/sensor0/img/product/cmos/IMX294CJK_Flyer.pdf

4k 120fps, really? And anybody knows what means that Quad-Bayer thing?

• VK what are chances of this GH5s having better DR and codec options internally (than the GH5) ?

• @eyeBOX

It is 43rumors source.

Rumors of such camera surfaced for months now.

• Anonymity for source protected?