Personal View site logo
Australia: Perfect life
  • 35 Replies sorted by

Looks nice.

sample1060.jpg
    594 x 303 - 32K
  • No sign of a housing price crash or recession in Australia, yet. There has only ever been two very slight downturns in my 60 years here. There is no price "bubble". That's the media doing the bankers bidding by creating an issue that does not exist. Prices will keep going up over the long term. The chart above is very revealing about the US economy, rather than showing any problem with other countries. Property is the same as any commodity and is subject to supply & demand, even if the supply & demand are manipulated by bankers in indirect ways.

• @caveport

That's the media doing the bankers bidding by creating an . Prices will keep going up over the long term.

Talking to citizens it is certainly not "issue that does not exist".

Property is the same as any commodity and is subject to supply & demand,

Supply and demand basic things from economics book work if you both parts have free will. If it was selling and buying of additional optional summer house it can be viewed such (with restrictions). But people need property to live in, capitalist sellers want maximum profits. Hence the thing you see.

Specific situation happens due to two part thing. One is foreign (mostly Chinese bourgeoisie) buyers who spend easy money they did not work hard for. Second is requirement of general credit bubble, as rising house costs allow you to push more consumer credits to citizens.

• In a nutshell, China's buying our resources again so we can all breathe.

China sneezes and Australia will catch a cold.

Hi @tenjin, I have worked mainly in the television industry as a freelancer, AD, floor manager, assistant producer etc, in Melbourne. So my advice on work would come from that angle.

@Haberdasher, do you feel the film industry is better in Sydney or Melbourne? (or Brisbane?!)

“On a 25-year mortgage, you’ll pay $24,000 in interest on the stamp duty so basically in total it costs $56,000 per house on average in Victoria over the life of a mortgage.”

WOW! That is insane that level of tax on every single house sale.

• New Zealand also much love "no bubble" state

Thirty-seven-year-old Jacinda Ardern, a member of the New Zealand Labour Party, became the world’s youngest female leader.

"We have agreed on banning the purchase of existing homes by foreign buyers," Ms Ardern said on Tuesday, while also announcing plans to slash immigration and focus on job creation.

It won't have any effect, of course, except making lot of firms and people specializing on being fake owners.

• Labour has been pretty racist in the past (my GF has literally been crying over the news of Labour/NZF/Greens getting elected, as she is a foreigner. Which reminds me, we should hurry up with getting the immigration paperwork done before they tighten up the rules....):

“39.5% of last names in a list of house sales sound Chinese”

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2015/07/labour_blames_the_chinese.html

(the reality is only a very small % of house purchases are by non-citizens/residents)

After 9yrs out of power, is a bit sad to see them return to government. I just watched the live stream of the moment when Jacinda got sworn in as PM a few minutes ago.

• @IronFilm

Do not worry, nothing will change. It is director who set the circus scenery, not the clowns.

Here lot of people worried how fast mr. Trump will start to return manufacturing back to US, and fight for real working people :-)

sa6059.jpg
    800 x 763 - 63K
  • Australia New Home Sales

sa6547.jpg
    800 x 406 - 36K

sa9253.jpg
    651 x 559 - 61K
    sa9254.jpg
    656 x 515 - 62K