Personal View site logo
SANITY X - High Bitrate Version of Sanity
  • 145 Replies sorted by
  • Unfortunately, no. Sanity X is the closest thing to what you describe. In 24H it has a higher bitrate version of Sanity, and the 24L setting is the same as 24H from Sanity 5.1. What's interesting is that the size of Sanity X's I-frames is larger than the individual frames of Moon t7. As such, the quality of the two is very close.

• Hey Ralph! I was filming earlier with my GH2 with the Sanity X hack on it and everything was going smoothly until I changed to 720p mode. As soon as I hit record the camera told me that my card wasn't fast enough to read the footage and the screen that said "recording cancelled due to the speed limitations of the card" would not close. I am using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s 64gb. Any thoughts on this?

• @PeteK

I don't remember where the post is, but somebody solved this problem by doing a low level format of the SD card with a special piece of software. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

• Format the card with this software will help: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

• @PeteK that card is already known for some weird behaving, also on other cameras. Did you try to reproduce the issue also with different card types?

@rheinpirat mate, can you please explain why would it help?

• I don't know why it would help, but slow format with this software helped me several times I had this message "recording cancelled due to the speed limitations of the card"

• when changing SD cards, do I have to put the hack on the new SD card?

• @stevet No, just like loading a firmware to the camera from the manufacturer, you are installing it onto the camera, and until you install a new hack/firmware, it will remain there.

• ok thanks for your help

• Hey everyone! I have been experiencing some issues with the Sanity X hack. Pretty regularly the camera stops the recording telling me that my card is not fast enough to read the footage. I am currently using the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mb/s 64 gb and to my understanding it is a pretty fast card. Is there a certain setting on the camera I should film on to avoid this issue or should I look at purchasing a faster card?

• Totally forgot that I asked the same question earlier in the year and forgot to come back to it :P, sorry guys! I'll see if I can solve the issue by looking at the other forum.

• Hi @Ralph_B and everybody :) On my side it's always cutting after 3 videos files. I still have batterie and still have space on my card. Am I doing something wrong?

• I'm using this card: Lexar Platinum II 64GB SDHC/SDXC Class 10 Memory Card

Model #: LSD64GBBNL300

• @Sanguix: The Problem is most likeely your card. Use the SanDisk Extreme 32GB 45MB/s or SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB 95MB/s instead.

• Hi! I installed sanity x and i am experiencing that "auto ISO" is shown in Manual exposure mode as well. I am not really shure, but it seems to keep the dialed in ISO, although i am a bit confused. Furthermore i can't find HBR mode, not that i wanted to use that, but i am curious if it is a feature or a bug? Thx BR joci

• (never mind)

• I am PAL user. And I'm a little confused. Can you shoot 25p and not 50i? Is HBR 50i or 25p? Also I am using Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB 95MB/s. When I try shooting 1080p FSH, after about 2min or even less it says It stopped because my card is too slow and then it freezes. Is it really my card?

• On the GH2, the only way to shoot 25P is in HBR mode. The 25P signal is embedded in a 50i stream. It looks decent, but the quality isn't quite as good as 24P. There's nothing we can do about it. That's just the way Panasonic designed the camera. As for the freezes, try shooting in FH mode and see if that works better.