Personal View site logo
Gx85 broken from removing battery while still power on
  • So I read in the manual to never remove the memory card or battery from the gx85 with out first turning the power off. Sure enough in the heat of the moment I removed the battery before turning it off and sure enough now the camera is pretty much a brick.

Anyone know of a fix for this besides sending it to Panasonic and paying a arm and leg to get it fixed?

There is no factory reset for the os would trying to download previous firmware maybe fix it?

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • What exactly means "now the camera is pretty much a brick"?

Normally nothing must happen with camera if you remove card or battery.

• According to the manual the camera suffers from performance issues and damages the camera. In manual photo mode the acts like it's in full auto mode. And in video mode I can no longer change the type of auto focus.

In fact the function 1 key no longer works

• In manual photo mode the acts like it's in full auto mode. And in video mode I can no longer change the type of auto focus.

Try to make reset.

It is quite clear that camera must not be designed such, as accidental removing of card or battery is normal and happens all the time.

If nothing will work just go to nearest service center just tell that you normally turned it on and such shit happens and you have no idea that to do with it.

• There is no reset. It only resets the settings no the operating system also I got no warranty

• There is no reset. It only resets the settings no the operating system also I got no warranty

I mean reset menu item in camera.

And where you managed to get camera without warranty?

• We all must remove battery quite often while power on because of total camera freeze. I have never heard a Panasonic camera broken with that.

• Factory Reset instructions for GX7. maybe worth a try? see if it works on GX85

http://seventrumpet.com/how-to-reset-panasonic-lumix-dmc-gx7-mirrorless-micro-four-thirds-digital-camera/