Personal View site logo
Portable gimbals for GH4 / A7s cameras
  • 55 Replies sorted by
  • Youtube reviews of it seem overall positive. A couple that I watched seemed to allude to vibration issues with lighter cameras - not super uncommon in my experience and correctable with the software that VK linked above.

• Thanks to @eatstoomuchjam and @Vitaliy_Kiselev for the responses. I have ordered it at this "steal" price. It's out-of-stock but should be shipping in a week or so.

• After fiddling around with the old H1 in it's time and never really getting there, I'm so happy with my Zhiyun Crane. I rather go filming than fine-tuning parameters of a gimbal, and the Zhiyun simply works out of the box.

Just saying.

• @nomad thanks for pointing that out. I think the Zhiyun Crane uses "encoders" that adapt for small changes, instead of the whole rig freaking out/shaking. The NAB video here: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/234256#Comment_234256 The rep from Film Power talks about it in the new Nebula 5100 v.s the old 4000

It's all new to me, the tech is changing so fast, I missed the arrival of "encoders" to the mix. Thanks for pointing out your success using the Zhiyun Crane vs. your old (Pilotfly..?) H1