Personal View site logo
November 3rd
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • 3:00PM PST/10:00PM GST : Canon Event
    6:00PM PST/1:00AM GST : RED Event

http://blog.planet5d.com/liveblog/
  • Good ol stereo telly is still 16 bit 48k - on the rare occasion anyone even can be arsed to send me 24 bit files to mix its a pointless endeavour as its rustling radio mics with even more headroom than before
  • Here are the specs:

Canon EOS 300C
    EF and PL Versions
    Dual CF Card Slots
    Built in ND
    Super35 Sensor
    HDMI and HDSDI out
    Hot shoe mounted monitor w/ 2 XLR ins
    1920 x 1080 resolution
    Also is able to record out of SDI

not much excitement for me...
  • those are just rumor specs.
  • This is rumor, to be clear :-)

@PixCanFly
    :-)
  • I believe the recent canon rumor specs would be credible to dismiss 4K rumors,
    as they want to lower expectations in advance of possibly disappointing many with 1080p

good thing we only have to wait 8 hrs to see if Canon is serious about video for cinema or a pretender
  • whatever you see there, that what you will get, there will be no 4K, I think it will be just another F3, with 35 sensor. Something like: Canon 5DII+SonyF3= Canon EOS300C.
  • @Eugene
    I sincerely doubt it'll be fullframe, most probably super 35
  • I see no problem with a Canon with the rumored specs. There's no disappointment if the cam has great IQ and functionality at a good price! Not everyone needs 4k but great IQ at a great price many can use. It's still a big day for all in the industry IMO. New cams with new look and feel since we know every cam has it's own look, just adds to the palette :)
  • I have to say im happy so far with avid 6 supporting avchd natively.
    Also regardless of what comes out, i leave on a trip to india in a few weeks and ill be taking my GH2 since it the the be best video camera for the money today (imo).
    Im fulltime video editor, aspiring filmmmaker using gh2 gop1 reaquainted patch.
    Thank you for raising the bar on image quality with these cameras.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions