Personal View site logo
Incorrect quote about Communism
  • “The theory of Communism may be summed up in one sentence: Abolish all private liberty.”

― A.E. Samaan

• 15 Replies sorted by
  • Communists (and any other educated sane man) are for elimination of private property in the means of production.

Most people reading your quote will be actually misguided by it a lot.

• So if the quote is incorrect, what is the correct quote?

• So if the quote is incorrect, what is the correct quote?

LOL.

Start by reading Lenin works, you'll find much more than quotes you search for :-)

• So what you really mean is that you disagree with the quote? BTW is there a good example of a successful communist country?

Yeah, I know Lenin said some clever things. He was also seriously flawed in his thinking and deeds. I also have seen that you are not too keen to discuss other people's ideas unless they agree with your world view. There's nothing wrong with that, after all that is how most political organisations work no matter what the philosophy of the organisation is, or how it is implemented.

• So what you really mean is that you disagree with the quote?

I initially read it as "Abolish all private property.” and responded to this. As in such form it is very common.

"Abolish all private liberty” is just nuts. Or may be this guy though about most important liberty that communist abolished - liberty to search for potato peel among trash in order to eat something, or, liberty to sell your pussy, pen and ass to someone who offers more.

Yeah, I know Lenin said some clever things. He was also seriously flawed in his thinking and deeds.

Really? What Lenin works you know and read?

I also have seen that you are not too keen to discuss other people's ideas unless they agree with your world view.

I do not like to have discussion with people who know nothing about thing they discuss. As it kills whole point.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Is marxists.org any good as starting point? Or would you suggest to get printed copies and which one?

• Whichever way you look at it, my post was purely to highlight a quote. I was not trying to make any claim about it's accuracy. The quote is authentic, A.E. Samaan DID say that.

The State and Revolution
    Imperialism The Highest Stage of Capitalism
    Lenin and Philosophy and Other Essays

"Your education, culture, and enlightenment are only a species of thoroughgoing prostitution." I really had to laugh at this quote.... so wrong on so many levels. This REALLY shows Lenin's limitations as a thinker.

• The quote is authentic, A.E. Samaan DID say that.

I really do not care, lot of people said something. I just told that it is nuts.

"Your education, culture, and enlightenment are only a species of thoroughgoing prostitution." I really had to laugh at this quote.... so wrong on so many levels. This REALLY shows Lenin's limitations as a thinker.

LOL. You are so funny.

Quote made by me for title said "On some capitalist scientists and artists".

Reality around shows that many scientists and artists in capitalist countries are really no different from prostitutes.

• Do not Listen to what the Communists say but look closely at what the communists do
    President Thieu ( Republic of Viet Nam ) said

• "..... or, liberty to sell your pussy, pen and ass to someone who offers more."

Like in Cuba?

• @Nino_Ilacqua

Like in any US and EU city :-)

• @tinbeo

Well, always check that people do in politics and economics. No matter who they are. And this same approach for Thieu means that back in time any sane man must hung this puppet criminal on nearest tree.

• The whole of any ideology can hardly be condensed to simple quotes, can it?

At least now, after 1900s experiments, we can look back and see where and how implementations of ideologies failed and where and how they worked. And perhaps try to understand better how to achieve balanced solutions that minimize suffering and maximize well-being.

• The whole of any ideology can hardly be condensed to simple quotes, can it?

:-) No, quote is useful to make you think, get view on something under different angle. And go and read after this.

At least now, after 1900s experiments, we can look back and see where and how implementations of ideologies failed and where and how they worked. And perhaps try to understand better how to achieve balanced solutions that minimize suffering and maximize well-being.

Thing that you wrote is called idealism (more towards utopia side).