Personal View site logo
12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic lens topic
  • 492 Replies sorted by
  • Link please..

• I wonder how great is the improvement of 12-35mm f2.8 mk i dual i.s vs mk ii dual i.s. 2? If it is very significant, then..

I hope Panasonic is saying the truth if really the firmware cancellation is due to hardware limitation
  • Around the 27:50 mark of

He's a Lumix Luminary and the interview he refers to is one he's done with Sean Robinson from Panasonic that will be uploaded on his channel in the next 24 hours.

• Strange, I am Lumix Gloomily and they did not tell anything about it.

• Someone at head office caught wind of your comments re Pana's cynical capitalist business practices and has gone and revoked your Lumix Gloomily privileges @Vitaliy.

• Someone at head office caught wind of your comments re Pana's cynical capitalist business practices and has gone and revoked your Lumix Gloomily privileges @Vitaliy.

They can't revoke it for same thing it was provided.

• @fahrenheit I would still hang into mk i until I see whether dual i.s. 1 vs dual i.s 2 does make a great different

• Lens with $100 gift card available for $698

https://www.adorama.com/ipc1235gc.html

• 12-35 f 2.8 serie I.

Some of you can find out if it has the same problem on this lens ? to figure out whether it is a common defect to all copies , or is a defect of just my copy? while zooming kinda pulsing loose of focus jittering (, autofocus in OFF , OIS stabilization OFF on tripod )

I been definitely unlucky with that lens , I was the first to discover the famous problem of jittering, I've been changed three copies from panasonic assistance and now I've discovered this other defect

• @valpopando just to be sure..continuous video AF ,off?

• @soulkeeper yep mate plus was on Manual focus , and i tried with GH4 and GH2 too and doing the same

• @valpopando the lens is "pseudo" parfocal, means it adjusts focus automatically to hold the focus on the given distance, and it is appearently not smooth.

• @Orkan means obviously that my copy got some problem ?

• @valpopando No your copy is working as designed regrettably zooming while filming is not advised especially on close objects. I found this out the hard way with the 14-140 same problem. No idea if the v2 lens is any better.

• @Scot well i did right now same test with same serie 35-100 f2.8 , and got same issue from 70mm to 100mm , almost imperceptible 70 to 35 this morning i tested the new leica 12-60 mm f 2.8/4 . I was in a photo shop so I wasn't really in relax , but at first sight do not seem got the same problem. btw i sent email and video test to Panasonic Europe assisstance ,I will wait for their answer Thx to all for now :)