Personal View site logo
Lab: On Color Quality Scale
  • One small note.

It is one of the unlucky possible(!) standards with very long history. Came long after CRI and before TM-15-30.

One issue with it to note is that it changed quite significantly, and sometimes it can be missed.

v7.4 (2008)

v9.0.3 (2013)

Even samples changed :-)

Unfortunately many people who publish tests do not understand all this.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • This is stupid. Its a mistake, or is on purpose?

• @endotoxic

It is how work in progress looks. It is not standard. New samples are better, you can see it on CIELAB plot. TM-15-30 has even more samples and bins are distributed very even.

You can see reasons behind CQS at http://www.cormusa.org/uploads/CORM_2010_presentation_Davis_-_CQS.pdf

• Its not standard, well then. Hiw you said is work in progress. Iz there any posibility for your lab to make own srandard ? Like an indie standard that ist not only acurate but consistent.

For me light is very important, and right now is.very confusing to fully understand all versions of.the.same.flavor.

Please. I know you have the power to make it happen.

• Its not standard, well then. Hiw you said is work in progress. Iz there any posibility for your lab to make own srandard ? Like an indie standard that ist not only acurate but consistent.

LOL. No. But we'll present best possible reports and try to explain that each thing mean, with time.

• Tm 15 30web pagd.allready saying its not easy. Like it was not possible make good quantification of.the light source.

Product Detailed Description Accurately quantifying the color rendition characteristics of a light source is a complex problem. Many aspects of color rendition, such as color fidelity, color discrimination, or color preference, should be simultaneously considered during the design and specification process. There is no one metric or measure that can accurately quantify all aspects of color rendition and/or identify the most desirable light source for every application.

Is.there.is no one metric messure to.quantify this, then what? I study a little bit of this coz.for.me.light emition.is.critical.

This is crazy. The more.i read.the more.confusing. too much people and company saying same.thing with difrent flavor.

Some times just perception is enough for identify a.good light source. No maths involved in something that natural. Itz the way i see it some.times.

• @endotoxic

Let's use less dots, ok? :-)

It is Lab post, check title, it is not about subjective perception.

• Its my cell phone key pad. Sorry :(