Personal View site logo
DaVinci Resolve 18 and older 17 and 16
  • 459 Replies sorted by
  • @sammy just a warning, sorry I can´t offer a solution, but I believe the sys-requirements for resolve 12 explicitly say Win 8 or higher for PCs.

• ok, that I didn't know about, I have had win7 for a bit

• You can get it running with some add-ons under Windows 7, browse the user forum for Resolve by BM.

• Here is one of the posts Nomad was refering to, but it involves problems with H.264 and Win-7, not the database problem that has thrown you off track... good luck nevertheless! https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=55353&p=318141&hilit=windows+7#p318141

• @sammy one last idea, stumbled upon at the BM-forum: QUOTE: For you or anyone that happens to come across this thread, if you're on Windows you need to make sure that postgresql is allowed through the firewall...Took me half a day to figure that one out. And while we're on it, I had an issue with Resolve not saving my projects, looked like it was but if you backed out and went back in the entire project was gone! Super scary stuff...A quick "optimize" of the database solved this, but I still save a project, totally back out and come back in to make sure it's still there, because this could screw you out of hours or a days work even...

• I appreciate the input guys .. @ninetto ,mind me I'm still new to resolve what's the "postgresql" ? And how would I would allow it through the firewall ? Thanks

• It is the database program, that was automatically installed by Resolve.... only UP TO version 12 in the windows version, as I have now learned, so it seems this is NOT at all related to your problem. For Apple there can still be issues with older versions of the "postgresql" software (valid only for OSX!):

QUOTE: We have provided apps to simplify upgrading your PostgreSQL version on your Mac. The apps along with instructions can be found in the /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Upgrade PostgreSQL folder.

Starting from DaVinci Resolve 12.5.3, new installations will include PostgreSQL version 9.5.4.

• @sammy

Have you tried renaming the project folder, as I mentioned? This actually worked for me.

• Oh k thanks @ninetto .. yes Ralph I have tried that and didn't solve the problem ,I even upgraded to widows 10 last night as a last resort , but no luck ..so far I tried changing database location, changing project folder name ,creating a new user account,and upgrade to win 10 and nothing ..the funny thing is that the folder for the project is there,but resolve for some reason don't see it and I have not heard from blackmagic design team yet as I sent them the project folder and other project folder that resolve has no issue with

• Not sure if this helps I use Win7 and never encountered a problem fingers crossed. The data base is located at C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\Davinci Resolve\Support\Resolve Disk Database . Can you find it and will it let you reconnect using the database manager?

• @scot I did that as first step, and nothing

• Do you know that recent versions don't officially run under W7 any more? If you check discussions at: https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewforum.php?f=21&sid=e6324bc5e6c12bae3b30409165c913a9

Some folks found a solution though with some add-ons.

• Nomad a few have stated that ,it was working fine and for a month with no issues .. and i upgraded to win 10 a couple days ago And didn't solve the issue

• Seems like a real detective-story with the disappearing data-base. There also seems to be some confusion about the data-base administration that the latest version of Resolve uses. I believe you have already checked if a backup perhaps exists, with "resolve.diskdb" as its name?

In any case, I also stumbled upon THIS POST which someone wrote a script to automatically backup the Resolve project database daily. Might be too late for you Sammy, but perhaps useful to others.

• Just passing along some GPU performance info I stumbled on recently... Tests seem to show that AMD (RX 480) compute via Open CL appears to be a better value than both high-end and mid-tier Nvidia cards currently on the market, especially with multi-GPU -

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49713

• I decided to give a try on the free DaVinci 12.5

I have simple question:

Davinci 12.5 works on Windows 7 64 SP1 ?

I do not want to buy another windows to run it...

• @apefos Works for me.

• Yes, Davinci works fine on Windows 7, but be sure to install this update if you want it to recognize camera original mp4 files.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

• @sammy I'v got this problem for 2 times. There are no way to return loosed projects. This is most stupid thing in this great software. So now i make many copyes of my projects.

• "Loosed" projects are usually because you do not have a backup. Backing up is a standard operating procedure.

• Yea guys no luck ,i basically started from scratch with editing the short film. I'm on windows 10 now ,have not had this issue happen since I upgraded couple weeks ago or so .

• Using false color

• Davinci Resolve 14

Price dropped $999 to a $299, no dongles.

• $299... WITF! Beta testing now in progress.