Personal View site logo
GH5 Panasonic camera, from anticipation to love or hate
  • 2083 Replies sorted by
  • More Panasonic Interviews

• Port protector

sample225.jpg
    800 x 452 - 50K
  • Whole Nick Transcript (you need to be registered to download attachment)

chat_transcript.zip
  • @Tron There is a good chance it will. The cage has a bit of adjustment to accommodate the different cameras and accessories. Hope to have a more definitive answer about this soon.

• @sam_rides_a_mtb Will the cage allow for fitment of the XLR audio adapter to the hotshoe?

• In regards to cages for the GH5, I have been working with a machinist who makes camera rig parts for Panavision and Arri on a new cage that fits GH4 and GH5! Based on design I attempted to launch on Kickstarter over a year ago (Google "Truegrip Kickstarter"). Latest version is much more refined and sexy! They are being machined and anodized as we speak. Look for official announcement in the next few weeks!

• According to Panasonic GH5 leaflet there is 1.4x extra tele-conversion in 4k/UHD (assuming 1-to-1 pixel here) and 2.7x ETC in Full HD! This is great news! Icing on the cake would be option to engage and disengage ETC while recording internally.

• @theSUBVERSIVE - He's showing a wider sensor and says its a 4/3 aspect. Bullshit.

• The confirmation of "DFD for AFC in video mode" sounds promising!

Now I wonder: Will this also work with older 4/3 lenses like the first version 14-140mm lens or the good old 12-42 pancake?

• Interview in which the Panasonic Sean Robinson talks about Multi Aspect Ratio:

Jump to 14:57 in case the embed video doesn't... surprise! hehe...

• thanks @smoke23

I just want to see it in action before deciding x)

• @hampuslager I asked him the same question in the first chat. His reply was "BPope23 I would say yeah. And you can buy a few GH5s for the price of that baby!"

Driftwood Chat.jpg
    3370 x 1671 - 360K
  • Sorry I messed up that picture. Its not correct. My bad.

ZYFRONT-LG.JPG
    700 x 481 - 103K
  • My biggest question right now is how first generation 12-35 and 35-100 lumix lenses will perform with the in body IS.

• @eno Sensor seems wider than 4/3 because it is wider.

Now we can speculate about Panasonic not utilizing that extra width in regular photo and video modes.

Just C4K gets a extra width...

• I just want to know how the AF and face/object tracking is compared to dual pixel AF on Canons? This is the only thing holding me back right now before pulling the trigger for a 1DX mkII.

I asked several times in the chat, but a couple of people are spamming their questions over and over hogging the entire chat -_-

• @driftwood confirms sensor "seems wider". :-p

• in the specs paper all is long gop that is bullshit !!!! no intra or ipb WTF

Long-GOP is IPB.

Intraframe is being added via firmware later in the year.

• I think the sensor is not MAR.

I think the sensor is larger because sensor stabilization needs sensor area at sides and below/above.

It's IBIS, not EIS. No extra pixels are needed.

• edited id like to know if the new MkII lenses 12-35 and 35-100 also can shoot at -10C like the gh5( found it and yes they can go down to -10) Vitaly u can delete my comment?thx

• I think the sensor is not MAR.

I think the sensor is larger because sensor stabilization needs sensor area at sides and below/above.

• @Vesku

I asked these questions in the Chat this afternoon along with a couple of related others. Hopefully @driftwood can provide the answers as provided.

Not sure what's happening with the chat as it seems to be ongoing still, but rejoining you cannot see any of the previous messages so unsure if @driftwood has answered any questions while members are active in the chat?