Personal View site logo
6.5mm F2.0 Meike Fish-eye lens

• 15 Replies sorted by
  • Wow, looks like a great option for APS-C mirrorless. Fast and affordable. Will probably be a bit lackluster on m4/3, as the image circle will be much larger than the sensor.

Hopefully the IQ is good. How are the other Meike lenses Vitaliy? Are these just re-branded Samyangs from Korea, or are these a new (presumably Chinese) company?

• How are the other Meike lenses Vitaliy? Are these just re-branded Samyangs from Korea, or are these a new (presumably Chinese) company?

They are all new, not Samyangs.

• I had a feeling they were. I hope it's not the same factory that did the clones of the Samyang 8mm fisheye for Opteka and other brands, they were very soft.

• I hope it's not the same factory that did the clones of the Samyang 8mm fisheye for Opteka and other brands, they were very soft.

Opteka is not clone, it was just rebranding, same as Rokinon and few others.

• At first, yes, they were all from Samyang. But after a couple of years Opteka switched to a Chinese clone, with even cheaper construction and poorer performance.

• Turns out this lens is circular (with small crop on top and bottom) on m4/3 and on APS-C. Which is actually close to perfect for what I want! Yay. Performance seems decent as well. Extremely wide- 190 degrees!

• Review

At the center, sharpness is excellent even at f/2 and f/2.8, rising to being outstanding between f/4 and f/8. It is still excellent at f/16, only falling away at f/22, although even here a good standard is achieved.

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/meike-6-5mm-f-2-0-fisheye-lens-review-30462

sample269.jpg
    667 x 511 - 47K
    sample270.jpg
    798 x 600 - 82K
  • I wonder how it would perform on my BMPCC - giving a 19.5mm equivalent focal lenght. I only found examples for another lens (azure). Maybe this one gives a more distorted image.

• Any one tried using this lens with 360VR camera setups?

• Nikon Z-mount lens

• Focal length: 6.5mm
    • Maximum Aperture: F/2.0
    • Minimum Focus Distance: 19cm
    • Multi-layer nano-coating
    • Weight: 300g
    • Group-Elements: 5 Groups 6 Elements
    • Angle of view: 190°
    • Diaphragm Blades: 9
    • Minimum Aperture: f/22
    • Diameter: 61mm
    • Length: 51.5mm

sa15520.jpg
    547 x 448 - 27K
  • Any one tried using this lens with 360VR camera setups?

Just thought I'd bump this and ask again... or any other suggestion for better UWA / fisheye lenses to shoot 360VR with the minimal number of S35 / APS-C cameras?