Personal View site logo
Mouse vs Keyboard Shortcuts vs Tablets - How do you like to video edit?
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • @inqb8tr or you can check this out

• @rheinpirat thanks. Looks like a good thing, only it is a bit expensive and subscription based.. maybe is better idea for me to look into some real hardware controller

• I too use the wacom tablet for editing on Premiere. I use it with an Evoluent mouse, for when the tablet is not as responsive. Also use a trackball (Kensington) for colour correction and keyboard shortcuts. I think the mixing it up is good for me if its too much of one thing then old RSI can creep back in.

• for all windows user, who are switching between tablet, trackballs and mices, there is a nice software called eithermouse http://eithermouse.com/

• Instantly changes settings when any mouse is used:

• swap buttons
      • mirror cursor
      • adjust speeds
      • and more...
    • Leave multiple mice on a pc and automatically swap buttons on each mouse.

• Have a left-handed and a right-handed mouse always connected and ready to use.
    • Match speeds across different mice, ie touchpad and mouse with different speeds.
    • Accommodate left and right handed users easily on multi-user or public workstations.
    • Helps prevent RSI/injury issues by allowing seemless switching between hands.
    • Quickly change mouse settings from system tray if only one mouse is used
  • After working many (many many) hours on it...can't resist to post here (even when its not finished yet):

Tangent Ripple, Numark Orbit, MidiFighter Spectra, MidiFighter Twister - all integrated in a tilted board, wired through an USB-Hub mounted on the downside of the board. Keyboard and mouse will only be second choice after programming all the shortcuts and controlls to those buttons and knobs (I'm using ControllerMate).

GradingDesk.jpg
    1280 x 658 - 202K
  • Nice setup @Psyco

I'm gonna try the Korg Nanokontrol 2, for my audio workflow in Premiere, it is said to speak Mackie language, so it should work, has anyone had hands on experience with this cheap controller?