Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • OK, not to dig up a old topic here, but I got a (possibly) stupid question. To deal with this spanning issue, is it possible with the hack to just tell the camera to stop bloody well cutting off file size at 4 gigs? Where does the 4 gig limit come from? Could this be fixed with a future version of ptools? @Vitaliy_Kiselev, thoughts?

On a completely unrelated note, a DoP I work with a lot has just done a thorough, controlled skin-tone test putting the gh2 up against a canon (think a 60D but can't remember). We're going to be doing a professional colour correct on Monday night and I'll share the link when he's got it up -- should be interesting. Although not talked about a lot, the skin tone rendition of this camera is pretty amazing, especially with driftwood's latest couple of patches.
  • @PerryWilson QuantMeBaby is still a champ, but your right the blue issue in something we have to deal with with this patch, every patch got it's ups & down we gonna figure a work-around like a little bit of noise reduction can be added to the footage, just a tad bit. As far as the settings goes I'm using lighting, Custom.W.B & the profiles to get the look that I want out the camera. You right gonna check your cage out. Got a quick question what color grading soft do you use, was just doing some research on Davinci Resolve looking nice..
  • IDK man I still prefer QuantMeBaby... I hate the blue grain issue especially in the sky :/ and what you workin on @TrackZillas? did you figure out picture settings? now all you need is the cage im makin
  • @PerryWilson lol.. Love this little camera Perry gonna turn it into a real movie making machine, putting together some special settings will keep you posted. @jspatz Yep reAquainted all the way Baby yeah!!!! @driftwood did his thing with that patch..
  • @Trackzillas Beautiful. Is this reAquainted?
  • @TrackZillas I might just have to have you score my next film :P
  • Here is the video guy's my last link was broken...
    ISO 640
    Shutter 50th
    Profile Dynamic (Love it for night shots)
    Lens 20mm f1.7
    Custom White Balance
  • I noticed the reAQuainted "blue noise" issue and have reverted back to "QuantMeBaby" still the best imo... great work @driftwood
  • Here's the FTP site for a street performer I filmed randomly the other day. I'm still working on getting the original .mts file up there. I'll let you know as soon as it's available. These are ProRes HQ.

user: gh2testers
    pass: GH2files
  • Yeah, too much denoiser on that sweater! I stupidely tried to calibrate my monitor recently and so TrackZillas original .pngs looked really dark, but I'm now on a friend's laptop and the balance of light doesn't look as bad. I used magic bullet looks, a combination of fill light, telecine and 3 strip process. Also I cut back a bit on saturation. Despite the noise, GH2 + reAUainted is looking pretty, pretty, pretty good!
  • Well I tried the reAQuainted last night and combined it with C_Brandin's 720p settings only for 32MB. I think the cost of occasional crashing, short clip lengths and camera playback problems is not worth it to me personally. Granted-I didn't try to color grade the footage --- Went back to the 44MB for the time being because its a huge improvement over stock and I find these to be more stable for me. will try these again after the next Ptool I think.
    1gop176mbtest1.JPG
    1291 x 680 - 183K
    44MBset.JPG
    1277 x 672 - 185K
  • woohoo thread 3
  • @starstuff used the infamous Pani 20mm f.17 @Vitaliy_Kiselev thank you for making the hack possible you opened Pandora's Box..
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions