Personal View site logo
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-54 f/2.8-3.5 II
  • Does anyone use that lens? Any shortcommings in that lens? Does it works flawlessly with GH2?
    I need zoom lens and I'm thinking about that lens to buy.
    Thanks for any inputs.
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Swap mine from the stock 14-140 lens. Love this lens, very sharp and can auto focus. Use it all the time with the GH-2, and it's fast enough for most situations. Constant 2.8 would be nice...
  • Isn't the lens noisy?
  • What about stabilization? How does it work with GH2?
  • No Oly lens has IS.
  • I own it and use it as walkaround lens on my gh2. Don't forget you need an adaptor, I think the adaptor was $200? wasn't cheap. But it's a nice lens, though the AF is noisier than my panny native m43 45-210mm. No stabilizer though. But the thing is quite solid and feels old school.
  • Thanks for responses :)
    Searching for zoom, besides Oly, I found Leica D Vario-Elmarit 14-50 mm F2.8-3.5 Asph. Mega O.I.S. and I think I'll buy it. Leica has stabilisation.
  • @Maciek
    I have the oly 14-54. There is a difference between this and the PanLeica 14-50.
    Oly 14-54 is partially CDAF optimized. So AF is typically fast. Less than 1 sec
    PanLeica is standard PDAF, has OIS but AF is 2-3 sec.

Depends if AF or OIS is more important. But with a fast lens, i find lack of OIS not important as long as shutter speed is not too slow.
  • For video, OIS seems more important than AF. I wish we have more of fast MF OIS lenses.
  • I know the lens will not support continues AF in movie/video mode with Lumix, but does the lens support continues AF in movie/video mode with Olympus OM-D?

Anyone knows? As I hardly find any info in the internet. Thanks
  • @yskunto the best camera for the 14-54mm is the OM-D EM-1 and the continuous auto-focus works, but is very unreliable. Maybe the EM-1 MKII have improvements on that front, anyways the 14-54mm is a great lens but I'll do really love a new version of the 12-60mm f2.8-4.