Personal View site logo
Lens fine adjustment tool
  • Very nice tool for critical Sigma lens adjustment. I would love to get the same for Panasonic lenses...

http://www.wexphotographic.com/blog/sigma-usb-dock-review

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • @valdi99

You do not need anything like this.

Sigma need it as body won't be able to set any lens parameters or update firmware.

• So you are saying it is possible to calibrate Panny lenses via Panny body? What software should be used then?

• So you are saying it is possible to calibrate Panny lenses via Panny body

Lens does not need any calibration for cameras with contrast auto focus or even on sensor phase AF.

Whole calibration stuff appears from simple fact that in DSLR phase sensor is located in different place.

• So why Panasonic service charges big money for calibrating lenses - if it is not needed? I've been told that sometimes lenses have to be calibrated, if they loose sharpness for example. In this case the fine adjustments of the position of the lenses inside are made by software.

• So why Panasonic service charges big money for calibrating lenses - if it is not needed? I've been told that sometimes lenses have to be calibrated, if they loose sharpness for example.

It is not calibration. It is lens repairs, physical.

In this case the fine adjustments of the position of the lenses inside are made by software.

No. All it does is set some focus ranges and also add corrections for focusing on DSLR body (specific!). This is how I understand it.