Personal View site logo
Olympus E-M1 Mk II topic
  • 289 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Just a preference on my part to see the standard settings that the Olympus engineers thought was best. I have to admit to only a basic understanding of the computer rgb to studio rgb and what exactly you tube or vimeo does in reference to that. For that matter what the camera recorded as those levels. On the Panasonic cameras we do have an ability to adjust what level limits the camera records so such a conversion would not be necessary correct? I assume he looked at levels and decided it was necessary.

@nicksoti Hope you did not take me being to critical just my comment on the video to help prime a discussion for the people who see the technical flaws of video more than I do : ) . Great to know that was just mechanical stabilization that bodes real well from what I see. I am rooting for this camera and Olympus but in the past when weighing the pros and cons always went Panasonic. This camera may very well change that.

• Had very little time to test, Olympus guy waiting to go to the jouranlists... actually the white van blocking right lane of Akadimias avenue is mine... did not even have time to put manual exposure, could not find the setting, shot in "S" mode 1/50 without nd. I remember it was with sensor stabilization only so no crop. But mzuiko's 12-100 switch was to "on" in the lens so i think it worked with dual is (ibis + optical). It was shot in 102mbps, could not find setting for 200+mbps.

Anyway the file uploaded was only 20-24mbps so quality can't be judged from vimeo.

http://avclub.gr/forum/showthread.php/151370-Olympus-E-M1-Mark-II/page18

here are some jpegs from test uploaded by user kbouk (Kostas). Most shot in caf with various 4/3 lenses

just one note: the tracking and af speed you see in the lcd of camera is with zuiko 150 f2 + TC, i think it is amazing with such an old heavy tele lens.... Kostas said it was much much faster than mark I

• Would have been nice to see base settings and straight out of camera without the curves, conforming and color conversion.

What are base settings? You know number of color conversion before you see even out of camera footage, right? Youtube or Vimeo add more.

• Would have been nice to see base settings and straight out of camera without the curves, conforming and color conversion. That being said I did not see any in your face moire which was a issue with Olympus but I can only view 1080. Tracking had issues but to little footage to truly decide anything. Stabilization looked good but what version just mechanical or software as well. So in essence nothing to dismiss it but nothing to recommend it yet eager for more samples. If it performs in the end on par with G85 I want this camera as I do stills work as well if not Panasonic will still get my money.

• Thanks for sharing! So what do you think about the 4K video quality?

• 1st review jn Greece, shot by me. 4K samples from 3:30.

Kostas Boukouvalas is an Olympus user in dpgr.gr and avclub.gr forums. I don't think anyone else in the world has ever analysed e-m1 mark I so much as he did the past years. Actually he was the reason i bought one as a filmaker!

He has many 4/3 lenses, here he tests zuiko 150 f2 with TC. 4k shots are with the new 12-100 pro.

Enjoy :-)

• @DrDave

You don't actually need new Olympus review for them, always can visit Ken :-)

• Fakey oversat photo ick.

• Looks like a Velvia emulation.

• img2729.jpg
    800 x 533 - 75K
  • NZ : Olympus E-M1 mk2 body price is expected to be $NZ 2,500 with 1 NZD =1,75 US. Available mid November.

• The Fuji X-T2 costs 2,299 AUS at CameraPro. E-M1II price is 13% higher at $2599.

So we can guess:

US price: X-T2 price at Amazon.com is $1,599. E-M1II price could be around $1799

43rumors

• Hard to know based on Youtube, but everything I've seen from the Fujifilm XT-2 looks better.

• First 4K video sample, what do you say?

• +1. The specs look strong. But no one has posted any actual experience with it.

• I'm intrigued and surprised we haven't heard more about this camera.

IBIS plus a robust bitrate for 4K are a pretty good combo. Is this 8 bit or 10 bit recorded internally?

• Funny as always, but nothing new in this video.

• Agree with that :-)

• @liork agreed, i just like allowing myself to get a little excited sometimes, especially when we aren't at the point yet of having to decide to buy or not. it's a nice break from skepticism ;)

• @jules, I am also waiting for this camera (and for its video capabilites), but until now we have seen nothing about picture quality in real life.

• oh boy,

@Vitaliy_Kiselev yes.. i get that...

it was more the handheld waterfall shots in the gallery that i was impressed by.

And @liork, that wasn't my point. E-M1 mk1 won't give me the video capability i want.

• @liork

I am sure that you can do same or better with $100-200 used kit camera.