Personal View site logo
GH1 to use with GH2 in multicam projects
  • Hey gang,

I am reading through the information about the GH1 not being reliable hacked etc. Is anyone still using the GH1? What hacks are the best and the most reliable? Would you recommend using the GH1 still? I want to shoot multicam projects in the next months and the GH1 would be great to buy 2-3 cause they are so cheap used.

Cheers, Tim

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Don't be afraid to jump and buy GH1s. It is soo cheap while have a very good quality video. If you concern about reliability, then do not use native 24p video mode but use warped 24p on 60i container. All patches that survive now is reliable. I like still from GH1 with vivid -2 -2 0 -2 film mode.

• Cool thanks. :)

• What kind of projects you want to make?

• Sessions with single musicians or small bands in a lit setting. Much like serialboxpresents.com

• @TimTomTum

May be save a little and get used GH2s ?

• That's want I wanna find out, if cheaping out will be a headache later.

• It will be. Even for GH2.

I strongly recommend to get camera with good 4K p30 and 1080p60.

• Hm. I actually wanna buy 2-3 cameras to do multicam shoots and for now the GH2 has not let me down. 2-3 used GH2 would be 1 GH4 and not even 1 NX1, so thats not appealing to me.

• If you're on an extremely tight budget and need multiple cameras, then no harm going with a bunch of GH1 bodies (in fact it would be impossible to do better for less!). I still use a couple of GH1 bodies for weddings, as weddings are not my main focus right now so no point spending more than I need to on that.