Personal View site logo
GH4 V-Log Still Available?
  • Hello,

I'm looking to buy a GH4 and was just wondering if it's still possible to download V-Log for free via that download link that went around?

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • The 'Free' version was a combination of firmware (FW2.2 I think) and a old copy of the iOS App. If you are on FW2.3 then there is nothing you can do to go back and downgrade. If you are still on 2.2, then you can load the old app, if you have the .IPA file - which you can load manually via iTunes using the USB cable. There was supposedly histogram/exposure issues with using the 'free' VLOG enabled via the iOS app - I didn't have an external recorder at the time or time to play with it - so didn't really get any benefit.

I've just got a proper copy from BHPhoto as I now have a Flame. Its $99 - if it is 2stops then thats worth $99.

• I'm sure you will get several different opinions on this--my opinion FWIW is the the GH4 image quality is not as good as the G7. Regardless, you can use the leeming lut for either of these cameras with excellent results, for $15. There's a couple of new cams in the pipeline, but if you want to use log right now, the G7 is cheap and getting cheaper. the new GX80 may or not be an even better deal, but there's quite a few unknowns at this point.

• You need to find this version: GH4__V23.bin You also need the iOS app:IMAGE APP 1.9.1.ipa

I do not know where to find them. There are no issues with the histogram or exposure. That's just an internet rumour.

• For android user, here's Imgapp 1.9.5 with the oficial bug. https://mega.nz/#!YJlQiAzK!j1X1MzwAu84kfwzjXixGj1Njgp9zjQAYCkj9jQUcOAo

• Thanks guys, so there isn't a bug, I just need to make sure I need the particular versions caveport's mentioned and then follow one of those old tutorials?

• I can send you a copy of the 1.9.5.ipa file - if you want. But it will be useless if you are on the latest FW. I don't believe you can downgrade the GH4, like you could the previous GH cameras.

• I don't believe you can downgrade the GH4, like you could the previous GH cameras.

Downgrading never had been possible on Panasonic camera, except using specially modified firmware.

• I have body firmware of 2.1 - will that work?

• Yes. If i remenber bug was fixed after 2.3.

• Any chance an a link for the Image app 1.9.5 ipa for IOS?