Personal View site logo
Dynamic Range / Latitude
  • 61 Replies sorted by
  • i7 4 cores, 8 threads - apologies! ;-)
  • I've noticed more noise coming somitimes without clear reason, on parts of an images. not only shadows when shooting in Smooth mode. Standard seem to have less noise of all.
    What is everyone experience?
  • @Ian_T

Thank you for that detailed workflow!

But a few questions:
    1) Are you using the 32-bit VirtualDub? Because the 64-bit version won't let me use the Frameserver :(
    It looks like there is no 64-bit of it but I just figured I'd ask anyways.

2) > and transcode it into a 4:2:2 YbCr (UYVY) file using Lagarith Lossless codec
    I have no option to transcode to 4:2:2 YbCr/UYVY when using that codec? Are there any other settings I'm missing in VirtualDub? *scratches head*
  • @Ian_T

Yes, thanks for describing your workflow!

>>At this point I just set the color depth (to what I mentioned before) and compression and just render the new lossless file.

The render here will take a long time. A five minute clip can take up to an hour to render on a 32 bit machine. So yeah...it can take half a day to do an hour long movie. But it's a necessary step and well worth it....>>

But frankly, this workflow would make me fidgety. I like to work very fast and concentrated. And so far native editing in PP CS5 works fine for me and gives me pretty decent results. Maybe your results are a tad better... I don´t know. A side-by-side comparison could probably show it...
  • Ian_T,
    I have the same questions starstuff has above.
    thanks, Steve
  • nic2011,
    I hear you regarding time.
    My issue is I'm a freak about image quality. LOL! Actually, we all are... that's why were here!

I guess, it's down to really how much are we are willing to give up for time. If you have a client that want's it quick, of course I'd take whatever is needed to get there, but when I have the time, I'll fire it up over night.

I'll have to buy the upgrade for Neat Video. I'm using Windows 7 x64 i7 920 12GB with Sony Vegas.
    It's like watching old people fuck >It's slow as hell when rendering with Neat video and other post work, even with GPU.
  • @starstuff / @proaudio4 Unfortunately I only have the 32bit version of Debug Frameserver.

BUT.....the good news for you is there is a way to make it work on 64bit OS/64bit Sony Vegas. Here is a link I've found where someone did just that. It's called "Using DMFS on Windows7 64bit (with Sony Vegas Pro 10 64bit)"

There is a step by step instruction on how to go about that:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/332602-%5BGuide%5D-Using-DMFS-on-Windows7-64bit-%28with-Sony-Vegas-Pro-10-64bit%29

@Starstuff on your question #2 you should click on:

"Video" -- Choose "Color Depth" -- and in the Video Color Depth window click on the "4:2:2 YCbCr (UYVY)" radio button which is under the "Output format to compressor/display" column. Also....keep the "Decompression format" column set to Autoselect and you should be good.
  • Ian,
    Again, valuable information!
  • Does anyone have a workflow for batching mts through virtual dub with neat?
    Thanks
  • @Jspatz yes, it is called RTFM. :)
  • I read the entire manual as well as googled the topic. I did find a directshow plagin that allows me to open the files but it does not seem accessible from the batch wizard. If you know something we don't, please share it, but your rude comments are also amusing so that would be fine as well.