Personal View site logo
Sigma Cinema lenses topic
  • 55 Replies sorted by
  • Kazuto told that probably all the cinema lenses will be under $5000.

Finally, Sigma settled on 450% margins. Thanks god!

• http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/09/09/ibc-2016-hands-on-with-the-new-sigma-cine-lenses/

"He was able to confirm that all the lenses have the exactly the same optical design as their stills counterparts. The big difference is in the usability for filmmaking – they have all new metal housings with 180 degree focus rotation, 95mm lens fronts and cine gearings."

• I doubt they'll be parfocal or precise in distance marks with all EF mounts, since those are not very precise and not shimmable like the PL mount. No problem on a Red, though, since you can shift the sensor block in all the higher models.

• I've had a hands on session at a private event last month with Sigma. The lenses are definitely very nice! Much nicer build quality than the XEENs and even the CP.2 and CN-E primes. There were some uneven friction with the gear ring rotation, but I suspect it's because they were prototypes.

The zooms did well in regards to breathing and parfocal, if I recall correctly. I'm so glad that the T2.0 zooms and the primes are all coming with PL mounts (interchangeable to FE and EF, too).