Personal View site logo
The Cameras Used by the 2015 Tribeca Filmmakers
  • From indiewire.com

In advance of this year’s Tribeca Film Festival, Indiewire sent out brief questionnaires to all of the filmmakers (you can read their full answers in our Meet the 2015 Tribeca Filmmakers Series). As part of the questionnaire, we asked which camera(s) they shot on.

Their responses showed a wide variety of camera used – everything from drones to cellphones to the Swedish Ikonoskop, which is a digital camera meant to emulate the 16mm film look.

The most popular choices across the board were the ARRI ALEXA and RED Epic, as well as various models of Canon and Sony cameras. Almost all of the filmmakers produced their films digitally – the only films that specified having shot on film were "Franny," "Transfatty" and "Tumbledown."

We’ve arranged this master list alphabetically by camera – please note that some films used multiple cameras, so you’ll see a few repeats as you browse.

16mm (unspecified) "Transfatty"

35mm (unspecified) "Transfatty"

ARRI ALEXA "Anesthesia" "Ashby" "Backtrack" "Bad Hurt" "Bare" "Bleeding Heart" "Dixieland" "Down in the Valley" "Jackrabbit" "Maggie" "Meadowland" "Men Go To Battle" "Palio" "Slow Learners" "Stung" "The Survivalist" "Tumbledown" "The Driftless Area"

ARRI Amira "Down in the Valley"

ARRI III 35mm "Tumbledown"

Blackmagic "CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap" "Havana Motor Club" "Jackrabbit" "Maggie" "The Survivalist"

Canon 5D "Among The Believers" "As I AM: The Life and Times of DJ AM" "Crocodile Gennadiy" "Havana Motor Club" "Roseanne for President" "The Diplomat"

Canon 5D Mark II "Requiem for an American Dream"

Canon 5D Mark III "Autism In Love" "Down in the Valley" "dream/killer" "Shut Up and Drive" "Viaje"

Canon 60D "Play It Forward"

Canon 7D "Havana Motor Club" "In My Father’s House" "Orion: The Man Who Would Be King" "Play It Forward"

Canon C100 "Orion: The Man Who Would Be King" "Play It Forward" "Prescription Thugs"

Canon C300 "A Nazi Legacy: What Our Fathers Did" "Applesauce" "Autism In Love" "Crocodile Gennadiy" "Down in the Valley" "In My Father’s House" "In Transit" "Orion: The Man Who Would Be King" "Palio" "Peggy Guggenheim: Art Addict" "Requiem for the American Dream" "Song of Lahore" "The Armor of Light" "The Diplomat"

Canon DSLR "A Faster Horse"

Cell Phone (unspecified) "As I AM: The Life and Times of DJ AM"

Drone (unspecified) "Orion: The Man Who Would Be King"

EyeDirect "Requiem for an American Dream"

Gimp-Cam "Transfatty"

GoPro "A Faster Horse" "Havana Motor Club" "Palio"

Hi8 "As I AM: The Life and Times of DJ AM" "Jackrabbit" "Transfatty"

Hi-Def "Transfatty"

Ikonoskop "Come Down Molly"

Kodak PlayTouch "Roseanne for President"

Panasonic HVX "Tom Swift and His Electric Rifle"

Panasonic DVX-100 "Among The Believers"

Panasonic HVX-200 "Roseanne for President"

Panasonic VariCam "Song of Lahore"

Panavision 35mm "Franny"

RED Dragon "A Faster Horse" "Down in the Valley"

RED Epic "As I AM: The Life and Times of DJ AM" "CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap" "Crocodile Gennadiy" "King Jack" "Maggie" "Peggu Guggenheim: Art Addict" "Stung" "The Adderall Diaries"

Sony A7 "CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap"

Sony EX1 "A Courtship" "Roseanne for President" "Thank You For Playing" "Tom Swift and His Electric Rifle"

Sony EX3 "Havana Motor Club" "Orion: The Man Who Would Be King" "Roseanne for President"

Sony F3 "Gored" "Song of Lahore" "Tenured" "The Birth of Saké"

Sony F5 "A Nazi Legacy: What Our Fathers Did" "The Birth of Saké"

Sony PDW 800 "A Nazi Legacy: What Our Fathers Did"

Sony PMW 200 "In Transit"

Super 8 "As I AM: the Life and Times of DJ AM"

Unspecified "The Wannabe" "Uncertain"

VHS "Jackrabbit"

Z1 (tape) "Orion: The Man Who Would Be King"

www..com/2015/04/here-are-the-cameras-used-by-the-2015-tribeca-filmmakers-62795/

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • I dont know why this put the names of the movies continued on a single line, because all are separated in different lines.

About the article, It is curious that even today with the variety of DSLR and mirrorless remains ample predominance of Canon, except for a movie with a Sony A7 and neither Panasonic or Samsung.

• It is how formatting work, you need to add
    or just two spaces at the line end

Best idea just to use list by putting "* " before each line