Personal View site logo
Wedding Videography
  • 299 Replies sorted by
  • Our First 4K event, shot by two videographers and an assistant.

The gear used was: 2x GH4's, Panasonic 12-35mm f/1,8, Nikon 50 f/1,4, Nikon 35mm f/1,8, Nikon 70-200mm f/4 (speed boosted), Tamron 17-50mm f/2,8 (speed boosted), 2x Rode Stereo VideoMic X , Tascam DR-100m + lavaliere and rode ntg3 shotgun, two Glidacam HD 2000 steadycams (one calibrated for wide angle the other for short tele), a 100cm fluid slider, 2x Manfroto fluid monopods.

The most important thing is storytelling and catching the atmosphere of that event, but good gear and a grate sound also helps a lot. Also without the help of a good assistant who was carrying all the extra gear and taking care of the external sound, all the work would have been a lot harder if not impossible to realize. This event started at 8 in the morning and was finished at 1 in the night.

The GH4's were set on a custom neutral profile: -3 NR, -3 contrast and the rest on default.

I hope you enjoy it.

• A couple of months ago I found this interview and it totally blew me away. It changed my perspective on wedding filmmaking. It's not for everyone, and many people disagree on regards to the particular style & creative of this guy, but if you can see past that it is really insightful.

Personally, I totally connected with Alejandro's work. I have no clue how could it be something commercial here in the US, and I don't really have intention to follow the exact same style. Maybe it's something related to the culture of the place and receptiveness of the audience. But most of all I felt very encouraged to study some theory of filmmaking and try to understand more of this amazing language, seeking to develop a stronger style and trying to do something creative and different every time.

Hope the interview can inspire some of you like it did to me.

• Just a teaser of a wedding video I've done with Moon T8.

• Most of the footage was done in 720 60p, and got it in 24 in premiere - that's why looks bit jittery. Are there any converters to make a 60p to look better in 24?
    I thought I'd use a slow-mo but I let half of the wedding filming in 60p. Only the reception was done into 24p, because I was afraid of the flickering issues from the lights indoor. Would look weird to process half of the wedding in 60p and the rest in 24p?

• Most of the footage was done in 720 60p, and got it in 24 in premiere - that's why looks bit jittery. Are there any converters to make a 60p to look better in 24?

Just make it 30fps, and use any good converter with frame interpolation to make same with 24p part.

• First wedding film- my brother's, here in New Zealand. Was using GH4 and a Phantom quadcopter for the ceremony and pre-reception. and discovered that it was a lot of fun. Thinking of roping in a fellow GH4 user and getting serious!

• According to a recent survey up to 1/3 of engaged couples plan on picking a family member or a family friend as a photographer rather than hiring a pro.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/latest/photo-news/couples-ditch-wedding-photographers-for-amateurs-and-gopros-poll-claims-71655

• Top 2015 Wedding Statistics

• Average Wedding Cost (excludes honeymoon): $32,641 (up from $31,213 in 2014)
    • Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $82,299 average spend
    • Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Alaska, $17,361 average spend
    • Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,469
    • Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
    • Average Number of Guests: 139
    • Average Number of Bridesmaids: 5
    • Average Number of Groomsmen: 5
    • Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
    • Average Length of Engagement: 14.5 months
    • Most Popular Month to Get Married: October (17%) and September (15%)
    • Popular Wedding Colors: Ivory/White (47%), Blue (39%), Pink (30%), Metallics (34%), Purple (21%)
      • The popularity of metallic gold has more than tripled from 7% in 2012 to 22% in 2015
    • Percentage of Destination Weddings: 21% (down from 24% in 2014)

http://ir.xogroupinc.com/investor-relations/press-releases/press-release-details/2016/Wedding-Spend-Reaches-All-Time-High-As-Couples-Look-To-Make-The-Ultimate-Personal-Statement-According-To-The-Knot-2015-Real-Weddings-Study/default.aspx

• Huge waste of money.

• Sometimes

Always. Long time ago main purpose was to show your position in hierarchy (how rich you are, or how high you are so partner must be rich).

Now it is waste of money while wearing horrible looking metallic gold :-)

• Why spend so much money on wedding? And people invite so many people they do not care about.

• Shot with Gh4s

CAME SINGLE for all the steadicam shots

• Hmmmm, watched the Tang Chi clip, some nice shots but excessive use of slo-mo, and the clip of the bride taking a bite of the dessert was incredibly unflattering.