Personal View site logo
VLog for everybody!!! VLog for all m43 body
  • Panasonic should do a massive firmware upgrade program for all m43 bodies to enable vlog for all cameras.

GH1, GH2, GH3, G6, G7, and also G, GF, GM, GX...

VLOG should be a popular featur e, not just a pro thing, let all the people save the highlights and increase dynamic range!!!

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • May be demand ProRes and compressed raw also?

Organize mass hunger-strike of big number of Panasonic camera owners?

• Let's stop eating, until we get it!!!

Just post a reply: "I stoped eating"

• Can I post two kind of replies?

"I stopped eating." and "I started eating".

So I can keep my online hunger-strike while eating normally?

• "start-stop" is just like a REC button...

• Think about 22 camera models, at least 1000 users each = 22000 x 100 usd = 2.2M dollars just selling vlog firmware upgrade, good for Panny.

• I second Vitaliy and pledge for keeping it pro feature, but add 10bit 422 recording, so vlog becomes actually usable.

• I would rather have a wide dynamic range sensor than a log profile. I won't stop eating just yet....

• I'm with apefos, however V-Log was specifically designed for newer sensors (post-GH2) to bring out the dynamic range onto compressed footage, there would need to be a new picture profile made specifically to do the same thing but for older sensors (pre-GH2).

I made a very similar post to this awhile back, isnt there any way to access and modify the picture profiles in these cameras??

• @GH2_fan please try the presets for adobe premiere that I uploaded to the GH2 bundle topic, they will make gh2 image look much better in terms of dynamic range, and can satisfy our hungry for VLog. The benefits are more noticeable in situations with sunlight and dark shadows in same scene, but makes difference in flat light scenes also.

• I second the internal prores record option, BUT with .mxf wrapper quick time is no longer on my pc..... RIP quicktime