Personal View site logo
Tascam DR-40 and Lav mics not working even with power source
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • No one at all may i ask??? :(

Didn't anyone see the latest post I've made containing the 3.5mm socket that I purchased to create the unbalanced female 3.5mm to XLR male cable??

• If you can't figure out how a signal runs through a simple cable, you deserve no help as you're not even willing to help yourself by learning some basics, instead you come here asking others to do the work for you. That being the case, just pay a tech to build you an adapter.

• This hurts me a bit, especially since I am trying my very hardest to figure everything out, I know how signals run through a cable and I have on this and many other occasions done soldering work to create cables, already a noted example being my TRRS to TRS cable adapter.

I may not be great as many others here but I can safely say I do know the basics but in my current state I do tend to forget or miss things when doing relatively simple things (got a better idea of the person I am?). I only come to you guys when I am almost certainly sure I have done things right and but not working as planned. The female 3.5mm to male XLR was created and wired it as described to me in earlier posts, it certainly does work other than when the lav mics are inputted signalling through the power supply adapter, and this is what I am having trouble with.

On top of what I've been saying in my previous posts, I just would like to ask, since the adapter I created the TRRS to TRS ends on a stereo output and this plugs in to the power supply, inline adapter/battery box that is assumingly Mono on its input (since its output is a Mono, TS jack), could this be an affect to the signal chain? and probably why no power is being transmitted??

I am upset and tired but I will give it another go later on and post again here if that's okay with you guys (I hope!).

• I'm referring to the last post on the previous page. All you need is to perform a continuity test to determine pin allocation.