Personal View site logo
Craft Camera - Modular Concept Camera
  • Seems like only a concept for now, but nice industrial design...

Possibly more "dreamer" level than BMD products, but very hard to tell. Will try to get some snaps at NAB From the website :

http://www.craftcamera.com/

The Video Element is at the core of the Craft Camera. There are 2 Video Element models to choose from. Sharing the same body, connections, and accessories makes it easy and cost effective to operate both models. The Video Element can be used independent of any accessory or it can be built out as a full cinema camera. On its own, the Video Element is perfect for studio and live environments such as a house of worship, corporate settings, concerts, or TV where on board recording isn't necessary. Additionally, you can remotely use it as a compact action camera. Use it with your existing accessories or use our additional Elements to add recording, professional audio, extended battery life, full display, and control capabilities.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • This ticks all the right boxes as far as specs, price and form factor but without any test footage or information on the sensor it's a real wild card.

If they're using the same sensor as the Blackmagic 4K this will be a disaster, I really hope that is not the case.

• @If they're using the same sensor as the Blackmagic 4K this will be a disaster, I really hope that is not the case.

The BMD 4k sensor is 12 stops.The Craft Camera Spec 13 stops, so it is not the same sensor.

• and look how many problems BM had, and they were already a hardware producer. This is a late april fools joke, no ? I mean , spend a month generating a cad cartoon, and people will send you money by the wheelbarrow load !

• It looks like the MFT mount is only available on the S16 sensor, so they don't appear to be going the same route as JVC with active crop on S35. I'd rather speedboost an MFT sensor than be stuck with an EF mount.

@AlbertZ Each manufacturer seems to have their own method for measuring stops.

• "price and form factor but without any test footage or information on the sensor it's a real wild card." +1