Personal View site logo
Panasonic GX80, GX85, or even GX7 Mark II in Japan
  • 417 Replies sorted by
  • auto ISO is present."

let's hope it's present when recording video. That guy was just taking pictures.

• "The popup flash can be tilted back to bounce. In manual mode, auto ISO is present."
    http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57604797

• "When shooting 4K with the GX80 we found that the footage was incredibly steady, and we were able to use a 3 00mm (equivalent) lens handheld and get surprisingly steady footage. There is also a second, electronic, image stabilisation mode that uses a slightly cropped image area. This further enhances the stabilisation effect by shifting the are the sensor is recording from. In this mode the stabilisation feel like it is almost locked on to the subject and there is only the merest hint of breathing up and down as you handhold the camera in a set position." Read more at http://www.thevideomode.com/equipment/panasonic-lumix-gh5-2295/#GfvG5QVg8RZb28aZ.99

And in the comments:
    Q: Do you know whether the camera in 4k mode has full sensor readout or crops? If it's the latter, what's the ratio?
    A: There's a slight crop for 4K recording, around 1.1x across the horizontal field of view. (Obviously a larger vertical crop for the 16:9 aspect ratio.)

• Crop with ibis in 4k mode or even Fullhd? Thanks.

• Natural is the best picture mode anyway, and it looks like it has that. I told myself the next camera I would buy would have 4k sensor stabilized video. I didn't expect it this fast. So smooth, though, so tempting...

• @fatpig - read the comments. He answers all questions about shooting and post. No warp stabilizer.

• lack of picture modes is a real turnoff! :(

well.. mini gimbal in sensor is a nice to have :-D

@rpcstudio: motion looks really weird. warp stabilizer added?

• ^^
    "All handheld". Mighty impressive!

• With the Leica Summilux 15mm f/1.7 (a lens that lacks stabilization) : https://www.instagram.com/p/BD-_ZhAEnNZ/?taken-by=cablefreak

• Great for vintage lenses without stabilizers

For video you can just get gimbal. :-) It'll work with all your small cameras and any lenses.

• @fatpig Saw in one of the previews (don't remember what) that there were no special picture mode, not even Cinelikes.

• Great for vintage lenses without stabilizers. Any info on flat picture modes? Will there be any?

• @kurth

Yes. Sensor based stab is best for wide shots, and OIS is best for long lenses (it is just physics).

• I'm assuming that dual IS+ is both the 5 axis in-camera and the lens stabilization combined....and just dual IS is only the 5 axis in-camera, right ? Or is there some plus mode ? Still, in both it looks pretty impressive. If not , I'd like to see a test w/o a stabilized lens .

• Actual solution for Panasonic audio things is long time known - make smart hot shoe like Sony.

Another options is to use connectors that you can also use for additional battery grip.

• Maybe the IBIS was not ready at the time (they could have put it in the GX8, if GX8 had it, I would buy in a heartbeat). Or to not canibalize the GH4 sales.

• No audio input is common for the segment

then what about the g7 ? I agree the camera is quite nice, but if they'd have added it, then some people wouldn't be waiting for the next one. And I would have liked to have seen them add a 1080/120p mode as well. Then I'd be salivating !

• And remember that this is meant to be the middle of the line camera from Panny - like the E-M10 II is for Olympus. No audio input is common for the segment, the inclusion of 5-axis is the surprise.

And this mean that probably the GH5 will have IBIS.

• Outside of an external mic input, this is a wonderfully spec'ed camera- 1080p/4K, 5-axis IBIS for handheld video, DFD, etc. The Panasonic cameras with 4K photo mode can shoot 4K video at different aspect ratios, which is good for anamorphic shooting (4K Photo mode is basically 4K video with an in-camera interface for extracting stills.)

The price is high, but prices always drop over time.

• Must have the pink edition, pls~~

• No Limit special with extra battery golden brown edition, please!

• Looking forward to PV No Limit special with extra battery :)