Personal View site logo
Image Quality Boundary
  • I think the governments, organizations and factories must join, get together in an effort to recall and destroy all old cameras and tv sets and computers, and update every people equipment to 4K HDR for free, this way people will see all new footage in high quality.

Same thing for old cars, bikes, bus, airplanes, ships, houses, clothes, domestic appliance and so on...

LOL!

And then they could build a machine to transform this old things into food and medication for the poor people.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • If you can find, read

Quota ou les Pléthoriens (Vercors; Paul Silva-Coronel)

• 4K is not a solution at this CPU computer speed technology level.

First, demand all video equipment corporations to give you "real" Full HD cameras, not a "marketing"- based SD on steroids with just an internal resize and very bad point resize of chroma channels from 640x480-rated sensor reading.

Pro Full HD cameras gives you the same image as you can get using most popular semi-pro 4K cameras using very low ISO 4K recording and after the resize down from 4K to FullHD.

It is crasy. Why I should pay for 4K if FullHD quality limit is far away?

• 4K is not a solution at this CPU computer speed technology level.

Sad truth is that huge amount of people are shooting, editing and delivering 4K, all on quite budget setups. I even mean Samsung NX1 H,265 footage here without reencoding.

First, demand all video equipment corporations to give you "real" Full HD cameras, not a "marketing"- based SD on steroids with just an internal resize and very bad point resize of chroma channels from 640x480-rated sensor reading.

Things written here are incorrect (If I understand your points properly).

Pro Full HD cameras gives you the same image as you can get using most popular semi-pro 4K cameras using very low ISO 4K recording and after the resize down from 4K to FullHD.

If under pro you mean Alexa or Red :-)

Why I should pay for 4K if FullHD quality limit is far away?

Because you are wrong.

• Without reencoding is not interesting. Any quality creative work requires many filters.

Things written are correct. Only a small amount of cameras on the market have native resolution sensor reading. Many last 5 year cameras have fake Full HD. Artifacts those point you for this: aliasing, moire.

Alexa is not a video camera, it is a cinema. I mean Canon EOS C100 and better http://www.ixbt.com/divideo/canon-eos-c100/box/mira.jpg

• @rean

It is good idea to not to turn this topic into 1001th flame about same thing.

Thing written in previous post are incorrect, as well as unusable terms like "fake hd" (good for girls forum).

If you want to know how sensor reading, rescaling, debayering works in reality, or check actual sensor specs - just spend some time and read. It is good information.

Alexa is not a video camera, it is a cinema. I mean Canon EOS C100 and better http://www.ixbt.com/divideo/canon-eos-c100/box/mira.jpg

Artifacts originate not due to "fake" thing, they originate from how things works. And some sensor designs and algorithms produce better results. Each year progress even in smartphones cameras in this regard is visible even to ordinary user.

• Non-girl forum with a topic like this with the first message? Are you joking? It is just an off-topic area discussion for fun. I do not want here to arrange technical tournaments, so don't point me please to specs. I know how it works in reality and don't want to speak about this.

• ? It is just an off-topic area discussion for fun.

While this is in offtopic category, it is not "for fun".

I know how it works in reality and don't want to speak about this.

Some kind of taboo?