Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, official topic
  • 3230 Replies sorted by
  • I almost went for V-Log but the preset was way unreliable so I managed to get a cool look for this short film with the Portrait setting. Enjoy!

• I shot this video in San Francisco, Las Vegas and in the Grand Canyon. All was shot in 4k, almost everything handheld.

• @ markangelil The video looks great. Nice look from the GH4, I was impressed! Well done.

• Well done Odur, could you please kindly share some details on photo style and grading?

• @markangelil Colours, images, ambiance, story, acting & editing - all top notch! (i.e. I really enjoyed it!).

• @jopereira

@itrofnoc I've used cineD profile on the GH4, and then graded with a lut created by myself for obtaining a personal look.

• Thank you so much @JanH for your nice message!

• Is this the best place for this? I am very confused, my GH4 used to play OK with my NInja Blade, I didn't use it for 3 weeks and then went back to hooking it up again and nothing at all, doesn't see any input, though it does with my old GH2. I can get it to display on a PC monitor if I set it at 50p FHD but not on any other settings. I also tried it on my old lilliput 5D monitor and that says no signal, it did, however, work with a friends Shogun fine. So, I am super confused, it seems as if it suddenly isn't down converting properly or at least not talking to all external devices and I just don't get it or what I can do to fix it/may have done to cause it. Have tried setting to 1080 downconvert and auto and all flavours of mov, avchd, mp4 etc. Any thoughts at all? Thank you.

• and the Ninja Blade did display a friend's GH4 output.

• Benefits of Anamorphic with the Panasonic GH4

• Recently upgraded from a GH2 to a GH4. There was almost an immediate regret! That is until I started understanding the GH4 a little better.

For me and for my own filmmaking tastes, I think the camera starts to shine when paired with an Anamorphic lens adapter. Here's a little on the fly test: (for best quality, click 'HD' in the player bar & select 1080p).

• GH4 camera, set at 1080p 60fps and recording at 200mbps. Lenses used were the Panasonic 14-45, 45-175, and Olympus 60mm macro as well as 75-300. Other equipment used was a Benro S-6 tripod, Glideshot jib and Rhino Slider V1 carbon. Select HD 1080p for highest quality viewing.

• Panasonic has today announced the new firmware update Version 2.5 for the DMC-GH4 to further enhance its performance at no charge. The new firmware Version 2.5 includes following functional updates:

Post Focus

Post Focus is a special function that enables users to select an in-focus point after shooting. It has already been integrated in new LUMIX cameras such as the GX8. With this function, users can enjoy changing the perspective for greater photographic expression or to choose the best in-focus shot for macro shooting.

4K PHOTO (4K Burst / 4K Burst (Start/Stop) / 4K Pre-burst)

With 4K PHOTO mode there are three dedicated modes - 4K Burst / 4K Burst (Start/Stop) / 4K Pre-burst – are all now available on LUMIX GH4. The addition of these modes further enhances the usability of 4K PHOTO to capture fleeting photo opportunities at 30p.

External Flash Burst

Consecutive shooting with flash burst is available with an external flash that is capable of continuous emission. This includes the following Panasonic models: DMW-FL580L, DMW-FL360L, DMW-FL500, DMW-FL360 and DMW-FL220.

The new DMC-GH4 firmware Version 2.5 is scheduled to be released at the end of March 2016

• @Vitaliy - Is this the "major firmware upgrade" you mentioned in being a rumor in the other thread?

• Was really hoping for an update for v-log to have a v-log-v or something that would map it to the full luminescence range instead of capping it.

• They should have corrected many little things like showing exposure values in video or adding important FN-options for video shooters. Or adding auto iso in M with EV comp etc...

• I just got off a commercial shoot where we used the GH4 as A-Cam. I for got how much I liked the look of this camera with Canon FD glass. Will post the commercial once it's done!

• Excellent, looking forward to seeing it.

• GH4 Firmware v2.5 is released.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/gh4.html

• [Post Focus] is added. This function enables users to set the focus point after shooting and save as a separate photo.
    • Three 4K PHOTO modes: [4K Burst] [4K Burst Start/Stop] [4K Pre-Burst] are added to help users capture the unmissable moments and users can choose a best shot with easy, intuitive touch-control operation after shooting.
    • External flash can be used in burst shooting. * DMW-FL580L, DMW-FL360L only.
    • Free 100GB storage on Google Drive is offered to LUMIX GH4 users (2 years)*. It can be used for photo/video data saving and accessed through multiple devices such as camera, PC, smartphone/tablet. * Users need to register to LUMIX CLUB to get the ID in advance and activate the account service by 30 September 2016.
    • [AF-ON] function can be uesd during video recording.
    • The accuracy of digital red eye correction in the RAW development is improved.
    • The time lag of stop signal transmission through HDMI is adjusted to make the length of the recorded contents same either on the SD Memory Card or on the external recorder via HDMI.
  • I just updated my GH4 firmware to 2.5

I was searching on Google and I couldn't succeed with the file I downloaded from this page: http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/upgaf100_e.htm#tabs-2 Once the zip file open, the file name is AH4_V25.bin and not recognized by the camera.

Be sure to get to one of this link to get the right file: http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/gh4.html http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/dsc/download/fts/index2.html http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/dsc/download/fts/dl/gh4.html

All is working fine.