Personal View site logo
Panasonic DVX200 - costly fixed lens 4K camera
  • 143 Replies sorted by
  • DVX200 workout video coming soon. Here's a quick 4K 30p screengrab speed graded in Movist from a 10-bit shogun recording I did this afternoon using my usual skintone test location in Brighton.

dvx200-girl-test1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
  • There's a new firmware release for the DVX200 coming on November 16, which will improve colour rendition for the V-Log recording.

"Okay, time to break the news. There is a reason I haven't spent much time at all on scene files and the like, and that's going to be revealed on 11/16. There's a new firmware update coming for the DVX200, and it makes some rather notable changes in color rendition. The new version is said to be more accurate to the Varicam in VLOG-L, and in all cases it's supposed to reduce the yellow in the skin tones and especially to greatly reduce the shift to yellow that happens in overexposure. It also is going to substantially clean up the grit that can happen in the shadows. And there's another feature they've mentioned that they're adding, but since it doesn't directly have to do with color rendition, I'll leave them to say what that is."

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?335737-AG-DVX200-4K-Large-Sensor-Handheld-Camcorder&p=1986592028#post1986592028

• I'm under strict embargo on this one. I know there's some incredible fixes coming. :-)

• @driftwood, understood. How about GH4, anything coming to it too?

• @Driftwood These incredible fixes including GH4 Vlog?

• Does the DVX200 show the exposure numbers when shooting video with automatic modes A, S or P ? Panasonic has chosen with GH4 not to show them but how is the the professional DVX200?

• Thanks @driftwood .... I've just spent five days shooting with my DVX200, and am very happy with it, and so is my director. I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements the new firmware will bring.

• Trying out the new DVX200 with a few extras. Report soon.

dvx200-rig.jpg
    1024 x 1365 - 386K
  • Firmware up.

http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/upgdvx200_e.htm

I'm really going to have to try this camera out one day to see how it would handle shooting outdoor events and music videos.

Info on what's updated: http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/dvx200/0125dvx200.htm

DVX200.JPG
    1480 x 735 - 129K
  • And that's the "update" we've been waiting for??? They (Panasonic) seem to think their V-Log shines in 8bit mode!!?

• Frankly, I'm a little underwhelmed with the DVX200. I've applied the update, and will take it on a shoot tomorrow, but won't use V-Log.

• What does the fast scan mode do exactly???

• Here's a report on a dog rescue charity which I shot with my DVX200. Standard profile #6 without Vlog. No grading or correction -- it was a rush job unpaid, so minimal work.

• Panasonic has announced the immediate availability of Barry Green's A Guide to the Panasonic AG-DVX200 Camera, a comprehensive reference e-book for customers and users of the new AG-DVX200PJ 4K large-sensor, 4/3” handheld camcorder. The book can be downloaded free at http://info.panasonic.com/dvx200-ebook.html .

• Panasonic Releases a Remote Operation Panel App for iPad Use, to Improve Handheld AG-DVX200 4K Camera Recorder Operation.

Panasonic is pleased to announce that the AG ROP (Remote Operation Panel) app, which allows remote control*1 of the professional AG-DVX200 4K camera recorder from an iPad, will be available for downloading, free of charge, from the Apple App Store starting on January 18, 2016.

The AG-DVX200 is a 4/3-type large-format 4K/60p camera recorder with integrated zoom lens that was released in September 2015. Its 4/3-type large-format sensor captures stunning images with a shallow focus and attractive Bokeh effect. It also features a wide dynamic range made possible by 12-stop V-Log L processing inherited from the new Varicam Series. The AG-DVX200 records 4K (4096 x 2160)/24p, 4K (UHD:3840 x 2160)/60p, FHD (1920 x 1080)/60p images at a maximum of 120 fps (frames per second) onto a memory card.

The new AG ROP app enables wireless remote control of the AG-DVX200's picture quality adjustment, zoom, focus, and REC start/stop from an iPad. This allows easy touch control with an existing iPad, to further expand the mobility of the AG-DVX200 with crane and jib use compatibility.

• Another review