Personal View site logo
Kowa USA - Torrance , CA ..... Road trip anyone?
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • The video I reposted above shows that at 8mm, it covers a lot.
    That video is a 12.5mm Computar on a GH2, pic below of it's crop..

That 8mm has less vingetting than the 12.5mm no? Why? One inch lens vs smaller cctv lens. Also the 1" lens is a machine lens for industry not a CCTV lens for surveillance. That's why this topic is titled "road trip" so if someone lives close to Torrance, CA or another Kowa dealer, they might be able to attach a 1" lense or two to a gh1/2 and get some REAL evidence or sample footage. My local dealers don't have them in stock for me to test.
    Computar12.5.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 41K
  • your basing your information on the rantings of another user... I doubt that the slr magic lens is a 1 inch kowa... because the 1 inch kowa 12.5 is NOT going to cover the GH line sensor
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev I'm not that dedicated or rich. If I'm going to spend that much I'm going to keep it and I want a sure thing. I also emailed a Goyo dealer to see how much they sell the F0.95 that the Noktor is supposed to be based on, but so far nothing.

That's why I'm asking if anybody in Cali that lives near the Kowa headquarters, if they can do it.
  • You can order from online shop I listed and later sell some lenses you do not like.
  • Ugh...I'm not talking about 4/3", I'm talking ONE INCH! That lens doesn't cover and it's 8MM - ONE INCH!! They have 12.5 and 16mm, up to 75mm.

If the 12.5mm is the same as the Noktor 12.5mm then that means you could order a Kowa for $254 instead of a Noktor for $500. If only somebody lived near a Kowa dealer that had these lenses in stock. I already called two places near me and nobody has one.
  • yeah that lens nowhere near covers... that vignette is BEYOND unacceptable... the only lenses I would EVER buy from kowa are the XC series because I know they have greater than 23mm image circle... but they are also slow at f/2... seing as how I have my LOMO prime set from 28-135 all f/2 (actually f/1.8) I wouldnt buy slower cctv lenses
  • @PerryWilson, @zcream posted this video:

That's an 8mm "Machine Lens" and it almost covers the whole sensor. That lens is for 1", a lot of the other CCTV lenses posted are for 1/2 -2/3". The thrid link I posted has model numbers for 8mm-75mm but the 75mm is f1.8, all the others are f1.4.
  • if it is a rebranded Kowa lens then it is from the new XC line... but there 12mm isnt that fast rated at f/2 from kowa... but then again perhaps it isnt seeing as how the Kowa XC is a 4/3 designed lens, and the new 12mm hyperprime still has some vignetting