Personal View site logo
GH4 with GH3 same video settings as possible ?
  • Hello, need some help to set my GH3 to same settings as GH4 .. is there anybody using both ? GH3 as gimbal camera and GH4 as rigged. Now i am running on GH4 with Portrait +3,+1,0,-5,-2 this setup looks good to me and on GH3 with Natural -5,-5,-2,0 but GH3 is still too contrasty (looks more like cheap handy camera) any tips or tweaks will be great - shooting next weekend important project. Thank you

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • nobody is using multicam gh4 w/ gh3 ? need some advices, time is running out and my next tests still arent good

• well i generally set GH4 according to supertone settings and when i try to set GH3 similiar any contrast + looks bad so i stick with -5 for now, but i am still not happy. Shadows 0 and highlights -5. Yes same scene with different lenses but exactly same f and aperture

• GH4 with Portrait +3,+1,0,-5,-2 this setup looks good to me and on GH3 with Natural -5,-5,-2,0 but GH3 is still too contrasty...

I think you are mistaken. Theres no way that the gh3 with neutral -5 looks more contrasty than gh4 portrait +3. Are you sure the curves adjustment is off on the gh4? Have you shot the same scenes and compared? The gh3/4 with contrast at -5 usually looks like dog crap because the midtones have no contrast.