Personal View site logo
GH2 Smudge in EVF.
  • I picked up my GH2 today, I have had it for about a week. When looking inside the EVF, I saw a brown smudge. It is quite small ( covers about 50 pixels). At first I thought it was just on the outside, so I cleaned the glass. but that did not fix anything. As you can see in the image, the smudge is located in bottom right.

There is also a weird parallax effect with the smudge. Ie if the angle of the eye is not perfectly perpendicular to the glass, 2 smudges appear, 1 infront of the other (that is why there appear to be 2 smudges in the photo) .

How do i get rid of this? Is it a common problem?

Thanks for all of your help.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • You might need to open up the EVF to clean the inside. I've never opened my GH2 so I can't say how easy/hard it is to do.

The GH2 service manual is available to download as a PDF - http://elektrotanya.com/panasonic_dmc-gh2_series_sm.pdf/download.html

• I have smaller particles in mine. It's probably pretty common. Like Jayukb says you can probably take it apart and then clean it yourself if you are handy and good with small parts/screws. You might even be able to find an area to blow some low pressure air to remove the particle from the screen without take it apart too much. Like one of the hand squeeze duster air pumps.