Personal View site logo
Ipad teleprompter
  • Hi all,

I am new to this site, I want to let you know that we just released a new Ipad teleprompter called the PAD PROMPTER, it is really unique.....you never saw a prompter so compact, light and cheap! It comes with complete 15mm rods hardware. Please, have a look at it on our website at http://www.onetakeonly.com and let me know what you think, if you have any question, please, dont hesitate to ask,

thanks

Andre
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • Looks like this:

@onetakeonly

I want to ask few questions.

1. Can you tell us more about software side and control side (how to control speed, etc) ?

2. Do you plan to use much cheaper chinese Android tablets? Btw, we have one of the minor tablets producer here, look in 10" HDMI monitor topic.
  • Hi,

thanks for your interest. We tried many prompter software for the Ipad and the best one is TELEPROMPT+ available on app store for $14.00, it has everything and you can also download for FREE their Remote software that let you control the prompter from an Iphone or a other Ipad, you can control, start , stop, speed, etc. it works great!!! You can also use a simple bluetooth keyboard as a remote.

The Pad Prompter is made for the Ipad , the tray is made so that the Ipad fit very tight in it, however you can use any tablet you want with it, as long as it is smaller then the Ipad. We made a few ones, custom fit ones for customers who gave us the size of their tablet or monitor, if you have any other question, please, feel free to ask,

thanks

Andre

onetakeonly.com
  • Cheaper options are discussed here:
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/123/cheap-teleprompter-options#Item_7

@onetakeonly

Can you make option to control prompter using analog way (like foot pedal, etc)?

Do you have any plans to make your own free teleprompter software?

May be cheaper version of teleprompter?
    I am very interested in participating with making $299 total teleprompter (including tablet and software :-) )

I am also very interested in more detailed videos explaining its usage in documentaries then people that use it are not expirienced, ordinary people that you must shoot. I have big doubts about iPhone control.

Btw here are youtube videos about it:

• Hi Vitaliy,

there's even better, a bluetooth pedal to control the Ipad, you can have more details on TELEPROMPT+ website. We are selling the hardware but no plan to develop any software, anyway, it will be hard to make software better than TELEPROMPT+ . It would be very tough to make a cheaper version, unless we change the real beamsplitter glass for acrylic. At $399, with all the aluminium rods support included, you have to admit that it's already damn cheap, it will cost you more to buy only the aluminium hardware from big cie like Zacuto or Redrock

thanks

Andre

onetakeonly.com
  • >there's even better, a bluetooth pedal to control the Ipad, you can have more details on TELEPROMPT+ website

This is pedal made for musicians.
    While it can be used for teleprompter is is not so handy.

>At $399, with all the aluminium rods support included, you have to admit that it's already damn cheap, it will cost you more to buy only the aluminium hardware from big cie like Zacuto or Redrock

We are not very politcorrect here, so I can not admit that this is damn cheap (and Zacuto and Redrock market share is shrinking very rapidly, btw).
    For teleprompter amrket it is cheap, of course, but if you need it from time to time it is not so cheap, considering iPad price.
    Overall I think that using iPad is error.
  • Hi again Vitaliy,

of course, if you dont need a prompter, even at $99, it,s too much,

thanks

Andre

onetakeonly.com
  • >of course, if you dont need a prompter, even at $99, it,s too much,

Andre, if you are upset, don't be :-)
    All people here respect your very good product.
    But iPad requirement is not best part.
    I still suggest to look seriously at cheap Android tables, as most of 10" tablets will be not worse than iPad for your task.
  • Hi Vitaliy,

I am not upset at all!!!! maybe you misunderstood my comment or may be my bad english. It was a serious tought when I wrote....if you dont need a prompter, whatever the price, it's too expensive, like any other piece of gear that are important for some and useless for others. You are totally right that a cheap Android tablet will do the exact same job as the Ipad as a prompter, in fact the Pad prompter is made for the Ipad, the tray is custom fit for Ipad, but you could use any tablet you want in it, as long as they are smaller then Ipad,

thanks

Andre

onetakeonly.com
  • >but you could use any tablet you want in it, as long as they are smaller then Ipad,

May be good idea will be to make table from compatible cheap tablets (look at ebay and dealextreme.com )
  • Hi again Vitaliy,

we opted for the Ipad because it's the #1 seller. If you give me the exacts measurements of the tablet you plan to use, I'll make you a custom unit for it,

thanks

Andre

onetakeonly.com
  • >we opted for the Ipad because it's the #1 seller. If you give me the exacts measurements of the tablet you plan to use, I'll make you a custom unit for it,

In most countries it is very far from #1 seller. Even in US, cheap tablets (rebranded mostly) far outsell it.

My idea was to make this list so any customer could quickly understand if his tablet can be used.
  • Hi,

Being a totally newbie, I don't know if this is a silly question, but does the glass of the teleprompter affects the image quality ? If so, is really noticeable ? I mean, all in all, it is a glass put in front of the objective...

Thanks and greetings from Madrid !

Andrés
  • Hi Andres,

the glass used in the Pad prompter is a real HD beamsplitter, no color shift, only a minimal light loss of 1/3 of a stop, if you have any other question, please, dont hesitate to ask,

thanks

Andre

onetakeonly.com
  • Thanks Andre, we will consider it for our first project.

Best regards,

Andrés
  • (my little 2 cts : I'm just a little tired to see "HD" every where.... Does it mean that your Beamsplitter has a 1920x1080 resolution ? So can it work with a 4k red camera ? and what about the 501HD from manfrotto? what the point to have a High Definition Fluid Head ???)
    anyway just kidding...
    You have a good product in my opinion and I think it's a good idea to use the Ipad (which is the best selling tablet, far from any android tablet...however it would be good to indicate the total dimension of your setup to know if we can use an android tablet as well)

Do you know any hardware system to control the teleprompt+ or proprompter software?
    I don't necessary have an Iphone and an Ipad, I would prefer to use a bluetooth keyboard or a mouse, wii remote, controller.....

Thanks
  • Just received the iPad Prompter.
    All I can say, smart and very well constructed tool.
    For this kind of quality, it´s a bargain.

m2cts Uli
  • Hi uliman,

thanks for your good words on our Pad Prompter, would you mind if I use your comment on the testimonials page of our website, please, let me know,

thanks

Andre

onetakeonly.com
  • Hi jo447,

the dimension of the tray is custom fit for the Ipad (7,5in. X 9,5in), so any tablet smaller then the Ipad will fit into the tray. Some of our customers with larger tablets, take out the soft tray and use all the space of the case (9in X 12in.)
    Have a look at teleprompt+ webpage, they explain how to control the software with bluetooth keyboard, and even bluetooth pedals.

thanks

Andre

onetakeonly.com
  • @Andre

I still think that you must find good chinese 10" wide tablet (any Android one).
    And make cheap complete solution.
  • Hi Vitaliy,

I tought about it but if I include the tablet, I'll have to sell it at almost cost price, because everyone know the real cost of a cheap chinese tablet and then I'll end-up with all the trouble regarding tablets non-working, etc.....that's not what I want at all,

thanks

Andre

onetakeonly.com
  • >tought about it but if I include the tablet, I'll have to sell it at almost cost price

Yes, but this not the point.
    Point is that you want to sell more of your teleprompter kits.
    And bundling it with cheap, but fully suitable tablet could help.

>Then I'll end-up with all the trouble regarding tablets non-working, etc.....that's not what I want at all,

So, you need tablet with service. Or good online retailer who stands behind their products.
    I suggest to talk with mp4nation.net owner (if you want to ship worldwide). He has big community and good service. You could just use him as seller also.
  • has anybody practical experience in meanwhile with this prompter? Is 70/30 beamsplitter glass okay, how is general quality? Competitors mostly supply 60/40