Personal View site logo
Mad Max Trailer
  • 13 Replies sorted by
  • finally my waiting has ended.

Mad max is again alive. Doesnt matter if Mel is not there, the chasing lcars, the crazy people and the desert is enough for me.

• Actually, this looks pretty legit!

• It is not Mad Max anymore, it's a pointless fighting.

• Finally saw it Friday. Wow.

• What a ride! And from the same director of Babe and Happy Feet!

The Blu-ray release will include a black-and-white cut and a silent cut of the film accompanied with the film's musical score. Miller described the black-and-white cut as the best version of the movie in his opinion

director George Miller explains how the movie’s final look was decided upon:

“We spent a lot of time in DI (digital intermediate), and we had a very fine colorist, Eric Whipp. One thing I’ve noticed is that the default position for everyone is to de-saturate post-apocalyptic movies. There’s only two ways to go, make them black and white — the best version of this movie is black and white, but people reserve that for art movies now. The other version is to really go all-out on the color. The usual teal and orange thing? That’s all the colors we had to work with. The desert’s orange and the sky is teal, and we either could de-saturate it, or crank it up, to differentiate the movie. Plus, it can get really tiring watching this dull, de-saturated color, unless you go all the way out and make it black and white.”

http://screenrant.com/mad-max-fury-road-bluray-black-white-silent-version/

• I watched it this weekend again and thought it was mediocre. 2/5 stars

• @robertGL

I call such films by new term - "prolonged trailer". Last Transformers was same thing.

• I didn't get that hopeless desperation feeling of the original. This movie sucked, but it was visually pretty nice.

• I enjoyed it thoroughly. The cinematography rocks and rolls like an 80's hairband... best I've seen this year.

@johnnymossville is right that the shared feeling of desperation is not present like it was in the Road Warrior. Fine by me, I don't want to see the same theme captured over and over... the world doesn't work that way, anyway.

• Here's the original 1939 Mad Max:Fury Road directed by John Ford!