Personal View site logo
Mix bag du CINÉMA
  • Hi there PVs, master @Vitalic
    Thought of a dumpy and smokey room for sharing essays, articles, quotes, stills, personal notes, anecdotes, semi-conscient reflexions and all else relating the filmaking craft/art =)

Referred in the video above

BLOW UP super duper channel, even if you don't speak french =)

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Now that a new instalment of the SW saga is coming, "old" material, references and techniques start to surface again; nevertheless I found this to be a truly interesting kind of homage to the guys with the brushes =)

Source article The matte paintings of the original Star Wars trilogy and their creators

From (for) the fans

•  

ROBERT RODRIGUEZ - I

Found this one loaded with extremely useful advices, specially production wise =)

•  

ROBERT RODRIGUEZ - II

• A look on previz - storyboarding. And folow up

Samurai Films Responsible for Star Wars?!? -- or films are global conversations idea

A bit more on Kurosawa

Finally a more "contemplative" exploration of composition.
    Just going through Most Wanted Man's scenes stills and checking them against a grid =)

•  

Mr. Keaton!!

indeed!!

• Keaton is the Master! He sure could run fast. And Indiana Jones only had one rock rolling behind him!

• ... and only 1 woman, pfffff, pussy!!!

• I don't quite agree with all of Beyl's aesthetic, cultural and philosophical assertions (despite the compelling visuals and whatnot 4 me zodiac, TSN and gone girl, as more mature poopoozas), but he surely did a super detailed/accurate research and glued all the pieces masterfully =)

FINCHER

By filmmaker Cameron Beyl

Source: The DIrectors Series