Personal View site logo
Slider recommendation 1 m, electronical and non-electronical
  • For shooting on the GH4 i not a reliable slider that can also be mounted on a tripod. Both, an electronial and manual slider would be great.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • I have one of the Varavon sliders - i have a motor for it, but you can also get a manual crank as well. They are excellent. See the PV deals...

• iFootage Shark slider is amazing. The flywheel system makes it easy to get smooth moves every time, and you can get extensions too for when you need a longer slider. I believe they have motion control available too.

• The flywheel system makes it easy to get smooth moves every time, and you can get extensions too for when you need a longer slider. I believe they have motion control available too.

They do, but it is far from cheap.

Also tons of fakes now available with low quality.

• I have the Varavon also. I have the motor and the slider is good both ways. I also have an inexpensive slider in the "why did I buy that" pile.

Just FYI IMO sliders and anything but the heaviest tripods don't get along. I have a surveyors field tripod I modded just to use with my slider.

• I have Shark S1. I like the flywheel. But mounted on Tripod it's not rock solid.. flywheel and heavy camera on one side, hard to balance. Same problem with all sliders though.

• Thank you for all that replies. The shark s1 slider seem to pretty reliable, also quite expansive. What about slider solutions up to 200 euro?

• Oh you are in EU - sorry man everything is more expensive there! Try Konova?

• My work just got a ProMediaGear Duo Slider. It has both a straight and curved track milled from solid aluminum.

• I can't help but toot my own horn check out my Salamander Slider at salamanderslider.com . If you do any outdoor work you might appreciate it's weather resistance.